Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm poised for the Kerry rally. Just turned everything into cash.........................not.

I did pick up another 500 shares of ACH on the dip for a quick trip. I've been banging this drum for awhile. Follow some companies, Buy low, Sell high. Screw the market sentiment.

Still.....it is hard to tell in the Kerry rally has been factored in or not.......oh ok sorry....

Expect a pop soon.

The wife reminded me yesterday to trade what you see and not what you think. Sometimes we overlook the obvious.
dunno.gif
smile.gif

My thoughts are that we're in a sideways market, and will stay there through 05. The earnings comparisons will get tougher through the last half of 04, and this will limit the upside. Interest rates will probably stay relatively low, and this will limit the downside. Having said this, Greenspan is trying to get rates a little higher, so he'll have some slack to lower them when the next downturn occurs. It's a fine line he's trying to follow.

Trading ranges aren't so bad, though. The overbought/oversold oscillators seem to work best in this environment.....

Right you are, Groucho. Support held today on the S&P, but the support line's close enough to make me nervous.....We need a 200 point up day, but I doubt if we'll see one this summer. Not enough volume.....

LU had a nice bounce.

My charts were down today, but looks like we may see that POP. I would have opened longs, but when the tools are broke it makes it difficult to build. Hopefully my charts work tomorrow or I will be more than a little irritated.

Ya but the technicals speak a different story on MSHAFT,,ummm Microsoft. I was looking at the chart on CBS Marketwatch and it broke out of its downward trending channel on the daily chart just recently.

Grouch,

It depends on your method of trading. Lately as mentioned, its been sideways action to down. Its hard to hold anything for any length of time. Some stocks defy the indexes and do their own thing.

Its best to define a trend and lock on it. I prefer to trade in days 3-5. The wife will trade minutes.

This market is a tough one! Churn and burn! Opened up a long, noticed things weren't acting right, dumped it.
mad.gif

We are on the verge of being in a bear market again. As it sits now the DJI is under the 200 day MA as well as the Naz. I should have held those shorts! Ahhhhhhh
mad.gif
Oh well my feelings are we still should see a move up from these deep oversold conditions, but the only thing that bothers me is we haven't seen any real selling pressure yet.
dunno.gif

[ July 21, 2004, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Amkeer ]

I want to tell you what scares me. If there are a number of closely contested states in the November election, recounts are going to be the order of the day. I don't like what that spells for investors.

There's lots of time until November, however, and it may be a landslide one way or another by then.

Floridians, no hanging chads please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back