Mopar MO-349 Cartridge filter 9k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from our 2014 Chrysler 200 3.6L. New filter is another MO-349. 9000 miles on the old filter. OLM went off at about 8500 miles, used QSUD 5-20 oil.

Last edited:
That's the longest filter that I have ever seen for a modern car engine!
smile.gif

Ok, the wife wasn't thrilled that I went digging through the trash for this! Taking one for the team per your request!
The tape measure doesn't look it but it is lined up with the very top of the filter and at the start of the filter media.

How do you like you new 200 ? I used the Napa Gold listed in my sig for our first LOF on our 200. Love the car so far, hoping for a transmission programming update for the 1-2-3 shift lurches.

Originally Posted By: bourne
How do you like you new 200 ? I used the Napa Gold listed in my sig for our first LOF on our 200. Love the car so far, hoping for a transmission programming update for the 1-2-3 shift lurches.

Check out:
http://www.200forums.com/forum/

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
We'll, your wife can say that her husband has the longest on in the neighborhood!
crackmeup2.gif

A transmission shift update?

I am very behind in the marvels of technology although I'd hardly consider this a "marvel." Lol.

OP did the filter say Mopar on it?

A few weeks ago we had a good looking Puro Classic equivalent. The Purolator War Boys were quick to say how good it looked although the consensus was that it wasn't a Puro made filter.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

A few weeks ago we had a good looking Puro Classic equivalent. The Purolator War Boys were quick to say how good it looked although the consensus was that it wasn't a Puro made filter.
21.gif

That was mine. The filter looked excellent. There was no wavy media like there is with this Mopar. Was there any sign the filter was crushed?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3730146/Re:_Puro_Classic_L36135_-_pics

Originally Posted By: webfors

21.gif

That was mine. The filter looked excellent. There was no wavy media like there is with this Mopar. Was there any sign the filter was crushed?

I tighten the filter cap down to some marks I placed on the filter cap and oil filter body.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3730146/Re:_Puro_Classic_L36135_-_pics

A transmission shift update?

I am very behind in the marvels of technology although I'd hardly consider this a "marvel." Lol.

Honestly I would have preferred if they had used the ZF 8 speed that they have in their RWD/AWD/4WD applications vs the 9 speed. Even a 6/7 speed well tuned Auto could get pretty close to the same mpg with better performance. They have decent lag when the trans switches from 1st to 2nd, in low throttle applications it feels like falling on your face before taking off again. I have since then realised that this transmission needs to be driven without taking into account what its doing ( if that makes sense ). Just use the throttle, no need to be gentle with it, give it a prod and it goes. The smoother and more linear the throttle application, the better than trans performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back