Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P,
Check out the chart below! It seems.....I reapeat, it seems that QQQ has been pretty "consistent" with the ups and down over the last 12 months. Notice there are 3-4 dips followed by nice rallies. I think you are right in stating that QQQ looks very attractive at this very moment. In my VERY uneducated opinion and ASSUMING it keeps the ups-downs trend.....QQQ is just gonna take off.....and very soon.
What ya'll think??

-

Guys...don't forget about MOBL!
grin.gif
wink.gif

I have a feeling it's fixing to head higher by....hmmm.......5 cents over the next 10-15 days!

Last Z that chart is not complete. You left out 4 days or about a 5% drop. I would repost the proper chart and it will give you a different perspective.

Thanks!

Thanks for the chart z -

Thanks Amkeer - I was gonna say QQQ closed at 34.77 or so on Friday. I may bump my 34.51 buy up a bit, but when I saw the chart...I thought I was all goofy or something!

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
Last Z that chart is not complete. You left out 4 days or about a 5% drop. I would repost the proper chart and it will give you a different perspective.

Thanks!

I know....it wouldn't show up!
dunno.gif
That's exactly why this might be a good time to buy qqq....while it's down!

quote:

Originally posted by TheLoneRanger:
Over the last few months, I've noticed the last trading day of the month will be a down day. Then the first day of the next month will be up. This also happens at the end of a quarter. I guess it's portfolio adjustment by mutual fund managers.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a good observation. How many months have you checked your theory? Generally, isn't Friday usually a loser and Monday/Tuesday gainers? I've never had a chance to research what other loser/gainer patterns there are in the investment world's gaming environment. Know any other trends?

Yeah Willie, that's true about Fridays being losers and Mondays being winners...generally speaking. This is especially true with today's geopolitical situation; holding long weekend positions is more risky because of potential news events. There's also seasonal trends like "Summer rallys", Santa Clause rallys", September downturns, etc. This stuff only makes a difference in a neutral market, because obviously a strong trend (up or down) would have more effect.

There's also an analyist out there that predicts market movement by the phases of the moon (along with astrology). When you think about it, that's not as off-base as it sounds. If human moods are affected by the moon's gravitational pull, then their buy/sell market moods might be affected also.....????
dunno.gif

Did you watch QQQ yesterday?...lucky I canceled and changed my buy (up - this is a risk - the risk of missing gains)....I didn't sell at the day high (I wish) but I made some cash and got out....today may be down....the commission always is low on this "trust", it's fully tradeable (not like a mutual fund), plus well if it dives at least you are diversified in a low fee "mutual fund"....and if it's not predictable at least it's not quite so one company manipulatable.

Hey guys.....where can I get a "Real Time" stock quotes? The "Stock delayed up to 20 minutes" crap ain't gonna cut it no more!!
LU down $.01; MOBL down less than $.01 and VIGN down $.14....the latter is a friggin loser stock. It's gone down ever since I bought it back in Jan.
banghead.gif
Thank god it's only 53 shares!
rolleyes.gif

Z, I get real time quotes on my CompuServe home page. There's a million places to get them. Do a Google search for "real time stock quotes", and pick a source that feels good to you. There's even free programs that will give you streaming real time quotes on your computer screeen.

Be careful in downloading some of this stuff. It'll put spyware, popups, cookies, etc. on your computer along with the free programs.....
nono.gif

You might check these out:
Smartmoney
Stockcharts

[ May 06, 2004, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: TheLoneRanger ]

Been watching the market. Sideways and strange this week. Glad I got out last week with the profits I had. Further correction is due I think. Uncertainty is hanging.

Anyone placing any short positions?

Phew, whatta day....I just haven't had any time to stay on top of this mess...

Still cash heavy. I'm eyeballing PGH. Natural gas has been taking it in the shorts lately. What's up with that?

My portfolio's still sinking. MOBL is the only one that's basically moving sideways. Is this a good time to buy?
wink.gif

We're in a lull right now; everyone's afraid of the first fed funds rate increase. There's not a huge amount of selling going on, just not a lot of buyers.

This is a tough market. I'm waiting for the fabled "Summer Rally" to start, and hope I can recognize it......
smile.gif

Ranger,
When is greenie gonna raise the rates? June?
I'm considering buying more LU....it has got to rebound soon. MOBL also looks attractive, although it really hasn't been affected at all and I have no clue what it might do. Anyone have any ideas.

Last Z,

The stocks may rebound around October.
dunno.gif
grin.gif
Then again this is an election year so we could be December late November. Your in long so I wouldn't worry. Right? Be careful cause the market will mess with your head! Especially if you find profits vanishing and turning into losses. You finally sell since you can't take the pain anymore and the stock takes off like a rocket leaving you behind! Moral of the story, if you have 10 chips add 1 or 2 on huge washouts to fortify positions. If long maintain that committment and do not waiver or you will get smoked! The only time a true long should close positions is when an economic growth cycle turns flat to recessionary then those funds should be moved into a bear market fund to take advantage of a falling market. IMO we have 7-10 years of growth ahead.

Only buy good companies with solid earnings and good management. Since you are young you can throw some at speculative but understand you may lose all that capital. Your solid companies will be your core holdings and your true longs.

In the meantime learn how to read charts!
wink.gif

I couldn't stand the dip in PGH, picked up 1000 shares....of course I'll miss the May 15 dividend....

I'm holding off on general buys for awhile, just selected special issues.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:

I'm holding off on general buys for awhile, just selected special issues.

I think we are near the bottom. Most will start to head back up through the summer, then a little dip sep/oct with a positive finish for the year.

In reality I'm not more than 10% down in any stock that I own, matter of fact I'm still up in several. (my portfolio has turned over since mid 2003. So all are recent buys.

Hope this helps. (that is if you are long)
cheers.gif

Amkeer,
Yeah, I'm in longs....but it is always nice to cash out profits before the markets dip and then buy 'em back when they hit rock bottom;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back