Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slaughterhouse!!!!!! The only thing preventing the market from dropping over 200 points was the close only being an hour and a half away! I should have listened to the wife about shorting the market since Greenie was speaking, but I got all screwed up and thought Greenie was speaking Wednesday. So when Greenie's face popped up on the TV the market tanked! I was in the start of a long an hour earlier. It took out my profits from yesterday's close to early this A.M..

quote:

Originally posted by TheLoneRanger:
OK, just found out they're a Texas internet service provider based in Maryland. They seem to be buying up several other related companies.....

Sorry for the late response......but your research is correct! It's down $0.01 today!
frown.gif

LU down $0.44 today!
gr_eek2.gif
gr_stretch.gif
shocked.gif
freak2.gif
.....even after beating estimates
dunno.gif
I guess Pablo was right...."this ain't no get rich quick scheme"
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
Slaughterhouse!!!!!! The only thing preventing the market from dropping over 200 points was the close only being an hour and a half away! I should have listened to the wife about shorting the market since Greenie was speaking, but I got all screwed up and thought Greenie was speaking Wednesday. So when Greenie's face popped up on the TV the market tanked! I was in the start of a long an hour earlier. It took out my profits from yesterday's close to early this A.M..

So is the fear of higher interest rates driving the markets down? Friggin Greenspan is costing me some serious dough....I'm gonna put a contract on his head!
lol.gif
patriot.gif

When Greenie speaks panic sets in! I got out immediately, but it drops fast. Normally I am nuetral whenever he speaks or any important data is released. Mistake!

quote:

Originally posted by TheLoneRanger:
OK, just found out they're a Texas internet service provider based in Maryland. They seem to be buying up several other related companies.....

Ranger,

Here is some more info on MOBL, in case you missed anything. They're up $0.03 as of 10:10am.
The markets have been one heck of a roller coaster for the last few week. My stocks are moving up.....barely!
tongue.gif

My stocks all closed positive today, but overall the markets are not looking too good! When is Greenspan going to raise the rates? Why doesn't he shut the heck up, raise the rates once and for all and stop the teasing? It's amazing that some little bald dude can have such an impact on the markets single handedly.

Z, thanks for the info on MOBL. It does look interesting, along with LU. LU comes out with good earnings and a bright future outlook, but drops like a rock!!!???.....I almost bought some yesterday after the fall, but didn't. No guts, no glory I guess.....

The financial world examines with a microscope, every single word Greenspan says. I don't understand it either.

Buy, sell, hold????? I don't know what to make of this market. With all the good earnings news out today, the Dow should have gone up a couple hundred points. Instead it closed neutral....Maybe the next day or two will give an indication of direction.

OK guys, what do you make of the last two days? Thursday is looking like a new bull market has started, but there's no carrythrough on Friday. Even though all the indices were up slightly, the decliners were ahead of advancers 2-1.

Maybe a short-term top is on the horizon?
Your thoughts?

What is up with LU??....down $.20 today!! It was down yesterday too!
mad.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:
What is up with LU??....down $.20 today!! It was down yesterday too!
mad.gif

I have never bought a penny stock and never will. Unfortunately, I have owned a few
wink.gif

Ahhhh.....LU isn't a penny stock.....unless you consider $3.80 a penny stock. In that case, you must have a train load of money!

Anyway.....LU down another $.20 this morning....where is the bottom? This baby is sinking faster than Titanic!!
patriot.gif

quote:

Ahhhh.....LU isn't a penny stock.....unless you consider $3.80 a penny stock. In that case, you must have a train load of money!

I had been following the MOBL part of the thread and didn't pay much attention to the LU part, so much for my reading compehension.
rolleyes.gif

My IMSI.OB is 1.52, well off it's 52 week low of 0.40. It's almost back where I bought it 3+ years ago.

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:

quote:

I had been following the MOBL part of the thread and didn't pay much attention to the LU part, so much for my reading compehension.
rolleyes.gif

My IMSI.OB is 1.52, well off it's 52 week low of 0.40. It's almost back where I bought it 3+ years ago.

Well, MOBL is up 50%....it's the only stock keeping my entire portfolio in the green zone. I bought VIGN on recommendations here....it hasn't been above purchase price ever since.....I have a feeling that's a "loser stock" I don't have much money in though!

I have a question for you penny stock guys, do you know anyone that struck it rich on a penny stock? Do penny stocks ever make it > $1.00?

I ask because I actually own 2. I own BIOHF, an international mfg of Type 2 Diabetes drug, and QBID, a want-to-go-to-satellite tv station that caters to alternative lifestyles. I've owned BIOHF since it was $0.11 and it hit $0.94 recently but is now around $0.50. I just bought QBID which is floating around $0.017-0.020. I call these "lottery tickets". The market has beat me down so I'm just gambling here hoping to make up lost time.

I've been investing for several years but still consider myslef a newbie.
dunno.gif

Warren Buffetts made a lot of money on penny stock.....if I'm not mistaken.

[ April 29, 2004, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Last_Z ]

But does anyone know someone personally? I'm really curious about the lifecycle of most penny stocks. Do they ever go above $1? I ask because most IPOs are for more than $10 so how do these penny stocks come about?

Looking at MOBL I sure wish I bought that one a few months ago.
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by drm7:
But does anyone know someone personally? I'm really curious about the lifecycle of most penny stocks. Do they ever go above $1? I ask because most IPOs are for more than $10 so how do these penny stocks come about?

Looking at MOBL I sure wish I bought that one a few months ago.
rolleyes.gif

YES some do go over $1. I have one right now I got for .65 it's now $1.50

I also had one a few years ago, DCHT that went from .39 to over $15, and no I didn't sell until it went below 3 cents a share. I kick myself everyday for that one.

There are companies out there, but the problem is finding the ones that are not pump and dump.

Right now I'm in a stock call BUGS, they have an environmental product for cleaning up waste. I have $10,000 shares at a nickle. I'm hopeful for this one as well.

Good luck.

Bought 100 shares of SCH (schawb) the other day at $11. I'm hopeful for this in the next year to make a move over $20. (All financials are taking a beating right now)

Also bought a vermillion energy (based on Personal Finance recommendation) they pay a dividend of 11.5% will see how that goes.

I'm also looking at getting into Corning, They had a good quarter and make a huge move(20% last week) I was going to buy the day before but didn't. They are falling now with this latest downturn of the market.

Market is bearish! These short rallys are ups on a downward trend. We are about 2.5 months into this correction phase. If we can hold 10000-10042 on the dow we will be ok. The nasdaq 1930. I hold no longs. We might get a small pop in the next day or so if so a long will be opened and held for a few days. We need to test these lows if we hold we are sideways.

Keep in mind we are bullish long term, bearish short term.

[ April 29, 2004, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Amkeer ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back