Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The past 3 weeks I have been getting slammed! Ouch! I went from 80% win ratio to a 10% the past 3 weeks. The worst part is the wife trades too and she is in the same rut.
mad.gif
frown.gif
Oh, well these things eventually subside (drawdown)and things get back to normal. Ohhhhhh, but the pain!
wink.gif
grin.gif

I'm approaching 50% cash, and maybe a bit over if I count me Short Term Bond funds which don't fluctuate too much,

I'm still seeking good stocks though.

I sold my PGH. That dividend was a nice chunk for so little effort. I only sold on the overall condition of the market, and may buy back on dips.

Microsoft below 25???? Maybe.....I just can't say where they are headed....

Guys (and Gals?) -

I'm sitting here after some nice gains (and sales) at 60% cash!

What should I do?....No stocks seem so good to me right now. Stock funds? Maybe.

Crazy me I found 3 interesting income funds. I know, I know...sounds totally contrary. All are Fidelity. All have some risk with increased int. rates, but not as bad a pure Hi Income bonds:

FNMIX New Markets (world wide) income
FFRHX Floating Rate high income
FINPX Infation Protected bond

I would just take a smallish portion of my cash for these, just to boost my income a bit....

OK guys I must admit I bought 1000 shares of LU.

I also bought 1000 shares of JDSU.

I funneled some cash into my sharper stock funds before close yesterday as well as the income funds mentioned above.

Now I'm just below 50% cash.

The main reason - sitting on cash earning 0.6% is no way to grow for retirement....
smile.gif

I also nibbled today....bought a defense stock that my MetaStock program showed a buy on. The market's up about 60 points at 3 pm, after the drop yesterday. Is this a dead cat bounce? Maybe. The rest of this week will tell......

[ March 23, 2004, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: TheLoneRanger ]

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
OK guys I must admit I bought 1000 shares of LU.

I also bought 1000 shares of JDSU.

I funneled some cash into my sharper stock funds before close yesterday as well as the income funds mentioned above.

Now I'm just below 50% cash.

The main reason - sitting on cash earning 0.6% is no way to grow for retirement....
smile.gif

P,
Way to go, dude!
So you bought 1000 shares oh LU huh? You are making me want to buy more.
As for your cash, you have got to check out ING Direct (ingdirect.com).....their rate is variable, which of course depends on the market. When I first opened my account back in July 02, their rate was 3.0%.....as the feds began dropping their rates, so did ING. The lowest it's been was something like 1.5% or higher. It currently sits at 2.0%. I've earned more than $400 on less than $9k, which was built up over time. They also have some very good rates on CDs.....in fact, they have some of the best rates in the country! Check it out!

Rick

Market is still way overbought. We are in an election year with terrorism fears. Stocks need to be discounted in order to fit the risk, reward scenario. A bearish formation has clearly been identified on the daily, weekly soon to follow monthly charts. I mentioned some of this a month ago. We will get some countertrend rallies but the DOW Jones is headed below 10,000 to about 9750-9830. We have an oppurtunity to hold above 10000 but I think there is not enough catalyst right now. We will see.
dunno.gif

Nope! True longs shouldn't worry about a thing. Ten years from now you will be glad you did what you did!

Last_Z thanks....I'll check that out, not sure I can do it out of my sd IRA. There must be some rising rate risk with that yield....but this is one reason I went into those protected income funds that pay much better than money market cash yields.

I figure sitting long....well OK sitting at 50% cash I'm ready for anything!
smile.gif
frown.gif
wink.gif
dunno.gif

New here...haven't read the other six pages, but one of our six portfolios is in natural gas...inegrated companies, pipelines, and production companies. Doing better and better.

Other hot area is biotech---specifically Internal delivery of maintenance meds. Medical technology is fast evolving into this field, since it offers reliable dosage at prescribed periods based on the actual need of the body; dramatically lowers abuse & misuse potential; and protects drug patents from generic copykats.

New MEDICARE drug benefit will strengthen and stablize the investment costs and bring product to market faster.

Groucho,

I hope we get a pop here the next couple of days. If so I wouldn't worry about what is below 1893. Yet!

I am in long AMD again! I hope this time around things are a little smoother!
wink.gif
My neck is starting to hurt from all the whipsaw movements...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back