Fram Xtended Guard XG7317 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is new old stock, from around 2008-2010 (I can't remember exactly when I bought it). It is the old style Fram Xtended Guard that still advertised 7,000 miles on the box. This was in use during the winter months on my mother's 2013 Honda Fit Sport for about 6,000 miles or so. The OLM was at about 15%, if I remember right. Oil used was Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0W-20. My mom drives the car gently, but I'm guessing the cold temperatures took a toll on the OLM. I cannot remember exactly how long the oil was in service for, but I think it was between 8-10 months. Held up great, ADBV was still pliable. I just put a larger one of these onto my Firebird and I have 2 left in my stash. p.s., sorry for the mangled can. It was my first time using my new oil filter cutter!
smile.gif

20150604_201233_zpswontfyuf.jpg

20150604_202138_zpsw5d0fhtm.jpg

20150604_201314_zpstqsm9yj0.jpg

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
That Fram "Ultra" should have been used for another interval, per the manual, IMO.

Yep! It probably could have. Since I got them so cheap and they're getting somewhat old, I figured I'd go ahead and change it anyways. I used a Napa Gold this time around. I have a few of the newer Ultras for it that I'll probably end up using for 2x intervals.

I'll be in the same boat, with two Ultras in my stash. I'm thinking of running a 3rd maintenance minder interval, actually. That'll be an over 20k miles OFI for the Civic!

Originally Posted By: Stewie
Show the cutter

Here is a pic I took of it today, kinda covered in oil. It's from Jegs and it works very well so far. It was kinda pricy for what it was, but it does make my life a lot easier.
20150606_143404_zpstomxaelg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back