Ford 6.4 first analysis thoughts please

Status
Not open for further replies.
yw8aQgU

To me it looks good but I'm no expert. Iron is obviously a tad high but this is the only uoa I've seen of your 6.4 so idk if it's a trend or not.

Extremely good report. I don't see why you couldn't go at least double that interval. How long time wise was this in the engine? Or is it still in the engine? You didnt say too much about it.
I disagree with the iron being high. The universal averages shows 31ppm with 5300mi average. You doubled the mileage and are still well under the average wear.

Last edited:
You may want to block out your address, email, phone on the report for personal identity and security reasons.

Looks very nice. I'm using the Delo 400 LE 5w30 now in a 6.0 powerstroke and can't wait to get a UOA at 5k to see how it's doing. Delo has an outstanding reputation in the diesel market. Glad to see this report.

Originally Posted By: Powerstroke
You may want to block out your address, email, phone on the report for personal identity and security reasons.

Oh yeah missed that. Probably a good idea. Actually its recommended you type it out anyways so the data stays even if your picture disappears. You can't edit your post now, but if you type it out and post it, a moderator will be able to edit your original post.

IMO, I would skip 12k and go at least 15k but even 20k would be no problem. That's some money in oil you've got in it, get your value out of it.

Would it be recommended to change the filter before the oil if extending longer? With the latest fill I also added archoil ar9100. The current oil has 3000 miles on it and seems like it is looking cleaner than the oil alone did seems odd to me.

I don't think so. Youve got very good insolubles at 0.2%. Your EGR delete is helping you a ton in this area.
Not sure how the AR9100 will affect it. Their page says it may extend the life of the oil, but thats their word. If you trust their product then it shouldnt affect extending further.

Its almost impossible to tell the condition of oil alone via color. So many things can affect it.

I have a 6.4 as well and am deleted and tuned, still have the EGR coolers but EGR turned off, who's tunes are you running?

I have a 6.4 as well and am deleted and tuned, still have the EGR coolers but EGR turned off, who's tunes are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back