Inspection Camera kits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a PC laptop, looking at this Autel #108... $44 from China

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151527929731?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If that links directly to a laptop without additional needed software or hardware I'd say that look like a good deal. I may get one myself, my rigid inspection camera has a very small screen and is hard to see/interpret at times.

apparently some newer models plug right up into an iPhone...like that...not sure about dragging my laptop into such a greasy environment.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
apparently some newer models plug right up into an iPhone...like that...not sure about dragging my laptop into such a greasy environment.

As long as the cord is long enough and you can record on the laptop, why does it matter?

Received the Autel MV108 MaxiVideo from China,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151531708512?item=151531708512&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

plug in the USB, pop-up box say's the venus USB2 camera and another software were sucessfully installed and the device is ready to use, camera head lights up but the computer screen does not react, no player activated or picture..do I need to click something? checked the external USB device page and nothing there? any ideas? tia.

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
ebay and $ 50 will do your needs.

I see plenty of USB inspection cameras for s lot less, like $15-$20. I am wondering what the difference is. I am guessing that the more expensive ones have higher resolution, which I assume is better to a point, but I'd also have to think that you would need to buy one with good reviews about focus and lighting. Some have more LED's than others (presumably more is better, but you never know).

Do most/all inspection cameras have an illumination light at the end of the probe next to the camera?

I am leery of USB attachments to my PC. Such as a probe camera that ships directly from China and is sold on EBAY.

I have the Harbor Freight HD model. This is the more expensive one; goes on sale for under $200 periodically. It has a nice, slender probe that goes into spark plug holes, behind timing elt covers, into rifle bores (over about .35 cal.) into computer cases and suspension systems to read part #'s, etc. The cheaper, $69 version doesn't have the camera resolution or slender enough probe to make it useful ,IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back