2 filters is $2.20 the only diff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
STP
K&N pro series

STP oil filters meet or exceed OEM fit and quality requirements.

Pro Series pleated media provides high capacity making them suitable for extended oil change intervals when used in accordance with the vehicle and motor oil manufacturers recommendation.

I think both are ChampLabs. Is $2.20 the only difference between these two filters?

Don't think the K&N is Champ/(fram) made anymore. According to info posted here dating back some time now K&N has moved on to another manufacturer.

As for the STP, still Champ and the lowest end of the Champ made filters. The one shown is an ecore. No idea about the K&N pro series now.

^^^'If' that is the case then that would be in conflict with information provided by the fram rep about K&N moving from Champ/fram to a different overseas manufacturer, initially in Korea. Now that discussion was for the K&N with the can nut, used to be compared to M1 and made by Champ. It also would be in conflict with information posted be other members previously including information on the subject is linked below.

As for the ProSeries I'd like to see an in store current filter, but I'm very skeptical that K&N would only move the manufacture of one of it's filters. Without seeing an up close in person look, I'd say K&N took all their filter biz to another manufacturer.

But to answer the initial question, whatever the case, I don't believe the price is the only difference between the STP ecore linked and the 'current'/(new) K&N ProSeries.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3398651/K&N_Made_in_Mexico_now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back