VOA Q8 excel 5w-40 Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
as subject,

in data sheet spreading about this oil in internet. i didn't find any specs about TBN (total base number) and SAPS.
can anyone here have the data? i just want to know if this oil suits to my toyota innova diesel D4D or not. since this car is just like high duty passenger car so i need to know this oil can bear the kind of situation.

be awesome BITOG
laugh.gif

still not yet, i have already that datasheet from internet and still no data that i need.

It's not a low SAPS oil, that is for sure. It is dual gasoline/diesel rated, but what specification is required for your vehicle?

Since it meets ACEA A3/B4 it should have TBN of minimum 10, and SA level of 1%-1.6%. Those are requirements for A3/B4 standard.

Are you sure about TBN that high? Not all A3/B4 has that high TBN numbers....usualy they are around 7,7-8....

what i am looking for is high TBN (> 10), high SAPS (since poor quality diesel fuel in my country, only Euro II and high particulate) and this oil can run until at least 10000 kilometers. for the other parameters i stil dont understand yet maybe this oil has A3/B4 or A3/B5.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Garak
For the higher TBN, you could seek an ACEA E4 product, which will have a TBN of 12 or higher.

could you suggest any kind of HDEO oil? maybe i can find it in here

Any synthetic, name brand CI-4+ or older HDEO should have that, such as Mobil Delvac 1 (non ESP). It's kind of hard for me to look for them, since Imperial Oil (our XOM) got rid of the old stuff very, very quickly when CJ-4 came out. But, something along those lines would give you a TBN of 12, whereas Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 is about 10.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Any synthetic, name brand CI-4+ or older HDEO should have that, such as Mobil Delvac 1 (non ESP). It's kind of hard for me to look for them, since Imperial Oil (our XOM) got rid of the old stuff very, very quickly when CJ-4 came out. But, something along those lines would give you a TBN of 12, whereas Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 is about 10.

yeah ive already searched about those oil, for delvac 1 TDT has higher TBN than ESP one. now i am still looking for price between them. if they doesnt have many different, i am gonna take delvac TDT. more economical coz my car is always running miles

I was quite surprised that the older versions were being sold elsewhere. Canada retailers are usually so slow at getting the latest oils out there, been when it came to Imperial Oil and CJ-4, th new stuff took over very quickly. I suppose it didn't hurt that the CJ-4 coincided with the consolidation of the Esso XD-3 products into the Mobil Delvac products.

i am gonna change the oil with this one as soon as possible and for the return i am gonna check the UOA in the lab. wait me for the report, maybe 6-7 months later. i will use it for 10000 kilometers

as a middle report of using Q8 Excell Diesel 5w40. it has run more than 2000 kilometers and something comes up like i think the engine sound is so noise. i dont know it is what i feel because before that i used Mobil 1 delvac mx 15w40 and the sound is quitely calm.

my car specs are no DPF, no Catalytic converter, EGR still function, using free flow air filter like K&N and 2KD-FTV engine

anyone can find what's wrong? does this oil not fit on my car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back