ATV GEAR OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, im not going to the power sports shop and buying the overpriced offerings, The manual on the Teryx calls for annual or every 100 hours (if memory serves) gear oil changes for the side by side UTV.

#1 would you pony up for synthetic if you were changing yearly ?
#2 if you went synthetic would you consider going longer ?
#3 what brand and weight synthetic/non synthetic have you had the best results with ?

Im figuring on keeping the machine 5-7 years. first service is due in another 30 miles.

I skimmed over the book last month at purchase, ive not done anything just yet so im not very familiar with maintence on this new machine yet. ? What differential fluid is it calling for ? my intention was to get opinions on the topic, and of course confirm weights/products with my manual.. Im just getting ahead of the ball, thanks very much for the tip though. is the rear diff calling for a specific brew from Kawasaki or what ?

Last edited:
nuHRnxL.png

You can pick the rear axle oil at any tractor supply place, it is basically wet brake oil. I picked up a 5 gallon bucket of Shell Spirax S4 TXM at WM on clearance for my Kawasaki Brute Force 750.

What you want is a universal tractor transmission/hydraulic fluid. The problem I've seen with Walmart and Tractor Supply is that they seem to only have it in 5 gallon pails. John Deere Hy-Gard would be a good choice if you have a JD dealer nearby. Some of your other farm/fleet type stores may carry different brands of UTF in gallons or quarts. We have a Kawasaki Prairie 360 that uses the same stuff. I got a gallon of UTF at Mills Fleets Farm for around 12 bucks.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
my p.c. wont allow me to open the image, what is it ?

Kawasaki Gear and Wet Brake Oil 32 oz.
Part# 1562540001

Our price: $7.49

ok thanks. I just called the local stealership and they quoted me (after discount) about the same price.. so ill just go get the Kawasaki branded stuff..

Last edited:
This weekend I did the 200 mile / 20 hour service. (mine had 185 miles and 14 hours of run time.

Rotella T-6 went in the Sump
Kawasaki wet brake/rear diff.
Lucas in the front Diff.

I tried to start a new thread with included pictures but didn't have luck with the picture side of it. The Rear diff fluid was extremely dark with only 14 Hours on it and the drain plug was covered in sludge/black gunk.. If you would have asked me how long it had been in there I would have told you a year by te look of it. I did see some flakes in it. The oil was pretty dark also for only having 14 hours on it, not a lot of flake.
The Front diff still looked almost like new fluid, I seen no flake at all.

I believe the next inteval is at 1,000 miles or 50 hours. It will be interesting to see how it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back