Amsoil heavy duty for diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first oil change is due for my kioti dk50se tractor. Was thinking about using amsoil heavy duty diesel and marine. Any thoughts on what would be a good oil?

Something like Rotella T6 would be much cheaper and would work just as well unless you're planning on running OCIs way longer than the manufacturer recommends.

Unless you are planning on way extending the intervals there isn't much point buying an extended drain oil like Amsoil.

I use Rotella t-6 in my forklift at 500 hour intervals. I ran conventionals for 250 hour intervals.

Amsoil diesel oil is a good step above Rotella... buy it, try it, and then decide for yourself. Seriously, how often do you change the oil in the tractor, is the cost really going to make much of a difference in the whole scheme of things? $10/year, if that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. What do you guys think about the filter use kioti's filter or try to cross it over to a different brand?

Originally Posted By: zpinch
Amsoil diesel oil is a good step above Rotella...

I'd certainly like to see the third party data supporting that statement (superiority of Amsoil over Rotella T6)

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Originally Posted By: zpinch
Amsoil diesel oil is a good step above Rotella...

I'd certainly like to see the third party data supporting that statement (superiority of Amsoil over Rotella T6)

Comb through the UOAs for all different types of vehicles in this forum. It will show the T6 is a light weight oil (VIS) compared to the 15/40 and 20/50s both of syn and conv.

That may not matter, what does your manual call for? 5/40 or higher.

Originally Posted By: Davelong
My first oil change is due for my kioti dk50se tractor. Was thinking about using amsoil heavy duty diesel and marine. Any thoughts on what would be a good oil?

What weight and spec does the manufacturer recommend for that engine?

The manual says 15W40 CD in his likely temperature range.
To the OP, unless they've updated the owners manual, the service chart can be interpreted as having two 50hr OCI's at the beginning. That's what I did and just put the second OCI of T6 5W40 into my Neon.
I just use the Kioti filters as it gets me in front of the dealer atleast once a year. I need to get the HST filter there anyways and he charges a reasonable price for them.

I am partial to the Amsoil 30w/10w30 HDEO in my New Holland. It is a straight weight that qualifies as a 10w30. They put it together at the same time they did the 15w40 HDEO diesel and marine oil. The 30w/10w30 is great for year round use in my area of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back