2010 RAV4, 3.5L V6, 10901 miles, QSUD 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my last UOA of my 2010 RAV4. It is the V6 model. So far I am very pleased with the Quaker State Ultimate Durability results. I am sticking with the QSUD since I bought plenty of it on sale at Menards for $3 a quart. Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.
Code:

Wow, nice! I don't normally think of QSUD as a 10k oil, but clearly in some applications it can be.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i like qsud but it does not clean as well as others.. That i am sure of.

i will agree with you, however it is apparent it does what is most important well, which is control wear. Great UOA!

Thanks for posting. I've been using this in two of the Hondas that I maintain since I got a ton of it from Menards as well. I'd stick with the ~10k OCI, personally.

My driving habits are mainly city driving and idling. Of the 10,901 miles, 10K were under 35MPH approximately. I do lots of idling as well. During winter months, it's not uncommon for me to let the RAV4 warm up for 5-10 minutes before leaving, and then a couple of hours idle time throughout the day. I'd say that my city/highway average is 80/20. QSUD has become my go-to oil for this vehicle, and with the results, I won't be making a permanent switch for some time to come. I do have another change worth, and some German Castrol to use, as well as some old Havoline SM formula sitting around that I need to use, plus some Amsoil. I am trying to wear my stash down a bit before I buy any more.

I think 10-12k OCI with QSUD is the limit with your driving condition.
What air filter did you use and when did you change it ? Silicon went down to 16 ppm compares with 18 ppm of previous OCI of 7600 miles. OCI went up about 40% but silicon went down a little, it looks like you changed air filter at around 30k and this OCI had air filter on for more than 20k, that why silicon went down.

Good shear stability for a 5w30....Did you ever take the engine past 2000 RPM?
smile.gif

Good ol' QSUD. It and PP may start off a little thinner than others but they do a nice job staying in grade.

Thanks Everyone for the comments!!!
The air and oil filter were both Toyota filters. It was changed at the dealer when I purchased the car at 27K miles. The Toyota filters are fairly reasonably priced, so I buy them for my car. The QSUD is an old favorite of mine. I am old enough to remember having a spout punch to pour the oil, and that is when I first started using Quaker State in the green can. I have been using it off and on over the years and so far, so good. Again, thanks for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back