kioti DK40 tractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the 100 hour oil change. First was @ 50 hours. Manual calls for 10w30 below 32*, or 15w40 above 32*
I used Rotella T5 10W-30 at the first change, now I'd like to go to the Rotella T6 5W-40
Any problem going with this weight?

I've got a 2011 DK40SE HST with 360 hours on it now. Good little tractor so far. I've pretty much run T6 5W40 the whole time, and will stretch out the OCI once I'm out of warranty at the end of this year. With the HST I think the motor always gets enough of a work out to get the oil hot enough to keep anything that evaporates from accumulating, and I haven't noticed any significant consumption either.
If you haven't yet, go around the tractor and put a wrench on all the loader frame bolts, wheel nuts and see if you can get any to turn. I found a couple that went a 1/4 or 1/2 turn.

Originally Posted By: chuck172
So there isn't any problems with using 5w-40 vs. the manufacturers recommended 10w30?
Originally Posted By: Bandito440
No problem. Gallons of T6 can be had for about $12 from Amazon.

So there isn't any problems with using 5w-40 vs. the manufacturers recommended 10w30?

Ask your dealer I guess, mine said that 15W40 is fine year round, which I didn't really agree with. So I asked him if he would still go to bat for me with Kioti if I had an engine problem and I am using the 5W40 T6, and he had no problem with that. I keep my receipts and I'm not using some no-name oil, so I can't see how Kioti could blame T6 for any engine problem.

Thats the key, "vs the manufactures..."

For some reason the manufacturer feels what they suggest is best. They may feel the 5/40 will sheer/ or not hold viscosity or just think 15/40 is better for the application.

I doubt it would make a difference but if you change twice a year does it matter not to listen to the manufacturer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back