Kioti Mechron or Cushman 1600XD Transmission Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone, in a slight dilemma over which oil to use for Diesel Kioti Mechron or rebranded Cushman 1600XD.

The manual states for the Transmission Transfer Case (which has hi, low, reverse), the front axle and rear axle it should all use the same oil.

SAE gear oil No. 90 or
DAEDONG: UTF55 ??? Can't buy it in UK
Shell: DONAX-TD
Exxonmobil: Mobilfluid 423 or 424
BP: Tractran UTH

Shell Donax-TD isn't available any more, but the new version is Shell Spirax S4 ATF HDX. But, by looking at that, I can use any SAE 90?

Can someone clarify whether there is a difference between EP90 and EP80w90 ?

I have some of this right now, is it suitable?:

http://www.mobil.com/Russia-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_ATF_320.aspx

Which I'm trying to work out whether it is compatible by cross matching it with specs of this:

http://www.cnergyasiapac.com/assets/Uploads/Shell-Spirax-S4-ATF-HDX-en-TDS.pdf

SAE 90 is GL-1 I think? But the above 2x fluids don't have a GL rating of any sorts?

Any ideas?

My thoughts might be, I'm supposed to use an SAE 90 Gear oil for the front and rear axles. And the Shell Spirax S4 ATF HDX for the transmission and transfer case.

The manual says SAE gear oil No. 90? Surely that is the same thing?

ViscosityChart4_SAE-J306.gif

What happened was, my vehicle was delivered new, and the dealers didn't check the axles or transmission, the back axle was out of oil, and they filled it with EP80W90 or EP90 not sure which, I did say at the time it's the wrong stuff, they wanted me to run it in and they would change it on first service, my thoughts the damage would be done by then.

[censored] it, misread the manufacture recommendation, I thought it was Donax TX, it's TD, which is totally different, so the mobile One 320 i mentioned earlier is not even close.

I have some Holland NH 410B spec is that a UTTO?

This is daedongs recommendation.

SAE gear oil No. 90 or
DAEDONG: UTF55 ??? Can't buy it in UK
Shell: DONAX-TD
Exxonmobil: Mobilfluid 423 or 424
BP: Tractran UTH

Just realised this second that the spirax S4 HDX isn't Shell Donax TD...totally different product, so my Mobile One 320 won't be right I'd imagine.

Turns out Shell Spirax S4 TXM is the replacement for Donax TD. And you are 100% right, it's a UTTO.

How different is the UTTO to a EP90W80 gear oil?

20 hour old vehicle, and it's been running on the wrong stuff from new...

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
You can not use SAE90.

You need a UTTO... universal tractor transmission oil.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=528416

For the reason that if it had wet brakes it would foul them up etc? It has Disc brakes all round and no immersed clutch thankfully as it's a belt driven. My only concern is a lack of mechanical protection.

Is EP80W90 a multi grade version of straight 90?

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_GTDS_Shell_Spirax_S4_TXM_%28en%29_TDS.pdf

So it's an API-GL-4 product.

Spirax S4 TXM can be used when a SAE J 306 85W grade is
recommended

So it's an 85W grade, so the 90 would be slightly too thick in comparison?

Cushman 1600Xd owners manual wouldn't download.
But, SAE90 wasn't an option for the 1600xd4.

5 out of 6 fluids are UTTO UTH...

I would use that 10w30 UTTO.

If the front/rear diff and transfer case are simple gear boxes, I wouldn't fear any fluid.

Mobilfluid 423...info not available?

Mobilfluid 424, GL4, 9.3cst, 80w

Donax TD, GL4, 9.5cst and 11.4cst, 80w or 85w, Shell has newer equivalents

Tractran UTH 9.1-10cst not available? BP has newer tractor fluids

Sae90 14-15cst...full GL5 sulphur/phos EP additive...overkill!
If your manual says you can use a sae90, then feel free to use any 75w90 80w90 sae90 75w85... GL4 or GL5.

Thanks for replying and your time, that was the kind of response I was after. That's the only problem with reading sites like this, you ask way more questions than normal lol
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Cushman 1600Xd owners manual wouldn't download.
But, SAE90 wasn't an option for the 1600xd4.

5 out of 6 fluids are UTTO UTH...

I would use that 10w30 UTTO.

If the front/rear diff and transfer case are simple gear boxes, I wouldn't fear any fluid.

Mobilfluid 423...info not available?

Mobilfluid 424, GL4, 9.3cst, 80w

Donax TD, GL4, 9.5cst and 11.4cst, 80w or 85w, Shell has newer equivalents

Tractran UTH 9.1-10cst not available? BP has newer tractor fluids

Sae90 14-15cst...full GL5 sulphur/phos EP additive...overkill!
If your manual says you can use a sae90, then feel free to use any 75w90 80w90 sae90 75w85... GL4 or GL5.

Just reading my printed manual as well, you're right it doesn't list SAE 90, but it also doesn't list the Daedong UTF55 either, so someone has removed them.

The Cushman 1600XDR manual lists:-
Exxon Mobil MObilfluid 424
Exxon Mobil Hydraulic 560
Shell: Donax TD

But I have the Mechron 2200 Workshop manual, which is where I got the original list of lubricants for the transmission and axles. And as far as I'm aware, it's the same vehicle with the exception of a few badges.

Seems like people can't make their minds up with the product literature. I'd imagine, they are all fine.

I must admit, the Center Transmission and Axles do get warm during sutained hill use and circles, so I hope the fluids are doing their jobs.

Did you say the Donax TD is a UTTO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back