Mobil 1 M1-110 10k oci cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks really good.. Makes me feel better when I went a long time using one. I've used the Mobil 1 filter 108.. I thought it performed well for 12k miles. They are a bit pricy though $13.. Especially when Fram Ultra is cheaper for at least as good a filter, though I believe the Ultra is a bit better.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ewag2983
10k miles

Thanks for the reply. The oil looks very very dark in the pictures is the reason I asked.

Filter looks fine/ok. Pleating adjacent what appears to be the seam pleat looks a little puro esque, but that's just aesthetics.

Also note this M1 center tube uses Champ's louvered/slotted design which has been discussed with some dissections recently. Like Clarcor/Baldwin, just a manufacturing design choice they use. I'd have no problem using a filter with that design.

The M1 is fairly typical Champ construction. With exception of more/better media and silicone adbv, reminds me of a Super Tech ST7317 I cut open years ago.

Also note what I call the crème dela crème of filter cutters, the Longacre. Nice.

Wondering how long (time frame) it took to get the 10k miles and what the MM read out was?

Thanks for the pics.

The paper towel looks like it filtered the oil further? The center tube slits are OK as long as the slits are open, unlike one filter I had. Are the center tube slits open on this one? Well for me all these pics of 10k or further changes doesn't change my 5K regimen choice, oil change and new full flow filter each time.

Look at that bypass. Almost as if it's made by Champ or something.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Filter looks fine/ok. Pleating adjacent what appears to be the seam pleat looks a little puro esque, but that's just aesthetics.

Also note this M1 center tube uses Champ's louvered/slotted design which has been discussed with some dissections recently. Like Clarcor/Baldwin, just a manufacturing design choice they use. I'd have no problem using a filter with that design.

The M1 is fairly typical Champ construction. With exception of more/better media and silicone adbv, reminds me of a Super Tech ST7317 I cut open years ago.

Also note what I call the crème dela crème of filter cutters, the Longacre. Nice.

Wondering how long (time frame) it took to get the 10k miles and what the MM read out was?

Thanks for the pics.

10k miles took 2 months of traveling for work. Oil life monitor was at 15%.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Is that a garage floor you put down yourself. How is it holding up? What brand of coating?

It is Rustoleum EpoxyShield garage floor coating. What you see is the second time I've used it. It's been down for about a year now. The first round lasted about 15 years before starting to really show signs of age. I've done a few other garages with it too. As long as it's prepped correctly, it holds up well.

Originally Posted By: Ewag2983
..10k miles took 2 months of traveling for work. Oil life monitor was at 15%.

Lots of serious road/highway miles. Easiest on oil and filter.

Fwiw, I usually get to 15%MM on my 07Accord 3.0L in 10-12 months at 6500-6700 miles.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
What did you replace it with? Another M1-110 and AFE 0w20?

Yep! Done a few uoa's, nothing alarming came out of it so I'm sticking with what works.

Last edited:
Looks good minus the shoddy pleating at the seam.

I'll say it again... if cartridge filters can get it right there's no excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back