Land Rover spec. STJLR.51.5122/WSS-M12R536-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this for a change or top-up? Are you planing on doing a change before your first complimentary service?

I have a '13 RR S (w/ the V8) as my DD and top up w/ M1 5w-20. I have not had to do an oil change myself yet, but will most likely use the M1 when I do.

Try Atlantic British for a filter, not sure if they have one yet for the new motors.

Very nice vehicle, enjoy it! How do you like it so far? Mine is coming up on the end of warranty and I am not sure how much beyond that I want to own it.

Originally Posted By: wings&wheels
Is this for a change or top-up? Are you planing on doing a change before your first complimentary service?

I was planning on changing the oil myself after the break-in, as I do not buy the 16k mile oil change story. AB, has the filter as it's the same one that supercharged V8 use. In fact they are all the same as I asked the parts guy. It's part # LR011279.

The car is pretty plush, but it's not really my thing. I have been mostly into German cars, but if there's ever a chance I need to go off road then this is the one to have.

If you want to use your own oil, I'd use a stout 0w20 or xw30. It is going to provide protection ...

Very strange to see a v6 call for 0w30, what a world.

Motul, Redline, Castrol ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back