wix vs k&n cartridge filter??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people review the regular filters but how do they cartridge filters from these 2 brands compare?

The Wix should be superior if the specs follow the typical spin on filters. Wix is typically 95% efficient at 20 microns while K&N is quoted around mid 80s% @20 microns.

The older made in the USA K&N filters were desirable, but currently they sold out to Mexico/Korea.

" full " is cheap China stuff? And fram is junk?
Also how does Puralator compare spec wise

My go to cartridge filter especially for ecotechs is the Fram Ultra. My buddys cobalt is getting close to end of oil life monitor, we will probably change it when we get a warm day next month and I anticipate a perfect filter and another Ultra going back in with the last of my Pennzoil Ultra stash.

The Fram Ultras are 99%+ efficient at 20 microns which is the best in the business.

What vehicle is this for?

WIX makes excellent filters. K and N is very overrated IMO. They used to be good back in the day, but now I get the impression you are only paying for the name. They are made in China too.

The Fram and OEM (Possibly Mann, Mahle etc.) equivalents are also worth a consideration. Usually the OEMs can be had for less.

My 2009 Scion xD uses a cartridge filter

I've used mainly K&N filters as they were the easiest to find. Always 5k OCI's with synthetic oil to maintain the warranty. By the time the next oil change comes along I will be past warranty and intend to do 10k OCI's with EP synthetic. I will be using Fram TG (XG not made for xD) filters as they are rated to 10k. I would be OK using Wix for 10k OCI's as well.

K&N moved production to China and Korea for their HP series yet NO SYNTHETIC MEDIA for $18
15.gif

IMO I would stick to WIX

Fram (TG), Wix, K&N cartridge filters for Scion xD are all made in China. I know because I've used all three. There was no appreciative difference between any of these that stood out given they are all just filter media.

I wish Fram offered the XG in a cartridge filter. So far the only full synthetic media filters I have found are Mobil 1 and TRD for this application.

So where are those all made for 2007 cts 3.6 and are the specs different for made in China wix?

Last edited:
how about mobil1 ep extended performance filters vs wix regular filters? m1 say 99.6 filtration at 25microns if i am correct???? (regulator style filters not cartridge)
How about oem ford motorcraft filters what are they rated at this is for a 2012 ford edge

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back