Who Makes Motorcraft Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purolater..
They are priced good usually under $4.00 at wal mart.. wix makes a better filter and fram ultra seems to be liked around here also.

I've read the same thing! Purolator make the MotorCraft Oil Filter using a Puro Classic filtration(or even the P1 media) and the PureONE's silicone ADBV.

Also, the ByPass Valve is the FORD prefered design as the BPV is at the bottom instead of the top of the filter...but, I can't be sure about the BP Valve????

Hello, That link was illustrative indeed.
It showed many filters construction details.
The only info lacking was quality of filtration element.
For me it WIX, Motorcraft and CarQuest. Kira

They are made to Ford specification by Purolator and based upon testing of the FL-820s media by Amsoil, it would seem the MC media (93.7% efficiency) falls below a Purolator Classic (~97%) and a P1 (~99%).

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
They are made to Ford specification by Purolator and based upon testing of the FL-820s media by Amsoil, it would seem the MC media (93.7% efficiency) falls below a Purolator Classic (~97%) and a P1 (~99%).

Yes excellent filters but seem to be a different media than the other Puro's. There have been a few Motorcraft failures posted on here lately but no where near the number as Classics, I would still use one with confidence.

The "same media as the Pure1" has been regurgitated on the web for years now and simply isn't true unless Puro punches holes in the Motorcrafts before shipping.
crazy2.gif

The oil change on my dads truck is coming up and I think I am going to make the switch to either the TG or the ultra.. Either the engine or the short trips (moisture) or a combination of the two always make the filter very wavy.

It was a shame though. Couldn't beat he $4 price.

Those numbers mean absolutely nothing unless they are in context with a certain size particulate. Of course they mean little anyway without a report summarizing the result, or links to manufacturer websites with the results.

Originally Posted By: Joenpb

Those numbers mean absolutely nothing unless they are in context with a certain size particulate. Of course they mean little anyway without a report summarizing the result, or links to manufacturer websites with the results.

EAO_efficiency_900.jpg

Thanks Overkill, who did the testing Amsoil?.

No, I think SWA Labs or something? A third party with the equipment to run the procedure/sequence.

They were all at 20um--anyone who has been here a while has seen these numbers over and over--try google.

I've been here a while too, and remember a lot of opinions on Puralator being the best filter, and how its a waste to only use one for one OCI. This forum is better off with the posting of more facts, or opinions based on fact. Not everyone has been here a while, and those people can be mislead, we all should try to minimize that. Posting links to confirm statements as opposed to saying search Google is a much more helpful way to share information.

Posting links to confirm statements as opposed to saying search Google is a much more helpful way to share information.
Perhaps, but it is not like the information about MC and Purolator efficiencies are that hard to find and if you been here a while there are dozens of posts about this.

I've tried to search and often its not easy sifting through many sometimes hundreds of posts. Thanks
Use Google with keywords to search BITOG; you will shorten your searches dramatically. site:www.bobistheoilguy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back