Who Makes Toyota Oil Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious who makes toyota oil filters and how long were they making them.. I saw a toyota oil filter bought from a dealer in Jan.2002 according to the receipt and was wondering who made them. This one did not look so great.

I believe Denso was the OEM supplier at one time (and may still be). They're usually quite good, with a nice true o-ring seal at the top and shrink-wrap sealing the filter from outside debris.

Any toyota part that has YZZ in the part number is made by an outside vendor, ie Denso. Toyota oil filters are generally good quality, I even put a 90915-YZZF1 filter on my Generac generator. However oil filter shelf life is generally 5-6 years, the glue breaks down on the media, paper attracts moisture, drys and hardens.

Originally Posted By: Fraser434
Any toyota part that has YZZ in the part number is made by an outside vendor, ie Denso.

I don't know about this statement, Denso is controlled by Toyota and many Denso parts don't have the YZZ.

I rather think that the YZZxx are a group of regionally available service parts, I've only seen this on oil filters.

They are made by Denso or Purolator depending on model. My 04 Tacoma specs 2 different part numbers. The YZZG1 is made by Purolator and the YZZD1 is made by Denso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back