Porulator classic , gasket keeps leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ no, jk_636 is now running Fram
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
^^^ no, jk_636 is now running Fram
smile.gif

NO no no, lets be clear. JK is TESTING a Fram filter, one time for review. That is all.

Originally Posted By: jk_636

This guy right here still buys purolator, and posts at least one every 3-5 months. They are still out there, and rest assured Im still using them.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Not true ... there are others on here besides jk_636 who are still using/buying Purolator filters (Classic and P1) ... I have seen posts on here which show that.

Can you guys link up the threads showing cut open Purolators with date codes after July 2014? I don't recall seeing any ... only filters with date codes quite a bit older/before July 2014.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Futuredoc a quick search will show you just as many filters without tears. Give it a rest.

Yes, but those photos were taken with cameras that used film... or were painted on caves.

Even if we were seeing 5:1- good:torn it would still be way to many failures. Right now it looks like the opposite with most reported filters coming back torn than in good shape (we might be at 1:1 best case scenario). In my case, Purolator went ZERO for two. Statistically, you should NEVER have back-to-back failures.

Right now, the filter being reported are mostly 2014 stock as the supply-chain/usage window should be coming close to getting 2015 filters on the self... and it will take some time for folks to log the miles in order to change and cut.

I didn't say anything about pictures of Purolator filters. You made the statements which involved the use of the word "nobody". I have seen posts by other members (whether or not the posts included pictures is irrelevant) which indicate that they are still using/buying Purolators (Classic and P1 ... not just Purolator Synthetic). Out of the thousands of members on here, you have no way of knowing that nobody is using/buying them anymore.

I do have some Purolator filters in stash (Classic, P1, and Synthetic). Since I already have them, I did plan on using them; however, since there are people on here who advise against using them due to the pictures and issues that have been discussed on here, I may decide at a later date to only use the Synthetic filters and other filter brands I have in stash. If I make that decision, it will be a decision that was influenced by other's advice and information on here (and that would include posts by you also). I do believe that you (ZeeOSix) provide very helpful and informative posts on BITOG. I have had questions in the past that have been answered by your posts many times (for example, questions about bypass valve pressures). So, just so you know, I do appreciate your contributions to BITOG. I don't really know that much about all this anyway I guess ... so, I have much to learn.
smile.gif

^^^ Ok, how about "just about nobody"? I'm sure the number of members here who use Purolators has gone way down as compared to before the tear scare. Thanks for the kudos Tony10s.
grin.gif

^^^ Yeah, I'm sure the number of people using them on here has reduced a lot. Since I already had a number of Purolator Classic and P1 filters in stash, I did plan on using them ... but now I probably won't be using them (that's the way I'm leaning right now). It's a bummer that I will be out the $ I spent on them, but I wasn't aware of any problems before I bought them. That's just life I guess ... things don't always work out.

^^^
laugh.gif
crackmeup2.gif
happy2.gif

For a second I thought about giving them away to someone or to a garage ... but then I thought about the potential risk. If something happened with one or more of the filters (i.e., a failure), I would feel responsible. I definitely don't want anyone else's vehicle to be put at risk. So, I have two options: either use them (Option A) or don't use them, which is synonymous to throwing them away (Option B). As I said above, I'm leaning toward Option B. Oh well, that's how the cookie crumbles.

Right now, I don't have a Purolator on any of my vehicles. I do have a out 4 in my stash that I will use in the future. They are the same models that I have cut open in the past and looked fine. Are the ones in my stash without defects? I'll find out after I use them and cut them open. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back