late model (2011+) Accords, 4 cyl+auto still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure what causes it for some and not other.

I have heard about customers getting new rings and short blocks over at the Accord forum.

I have no idea why mine is any different.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Accord automatic tranny durability plummeted for the generation built '98-'02.
The generation before that was pretty good as was the one after that.
I'd say that an '11 or '12 Accord would be as good as anything else out there.
I'd not hesitate to buy one.
After all, I did.

I did too.
Purposely bought a '12 to avoid DI and CVT.
Probably one of the more stout combinations in the Honda stable.
Pushing 70K without any issues, although the interior is somewhat low rent and it has a rattle that I don't like.
However, it was as good as anything that I looked at when I purchased and IMO was better than others.

For the money you and I paid, I think that these cars were an outstanding value.
We're at 32K now and while the interior is not as nice as that found in earlier Accords we've owned, it seems that it should hold up well.
This car is also not as much fun to drive as earlier Accords, but it will cruise in near silence at whatever speed you'd like while delivering fuel economy as good as any previous Accord that we've had.
It also has more power than any previous four cylinder Accord, as well as a good bit more room inside and in the trunk.
I should mention that the oil filter is also easier to remove than on earlier accords we've had, where the passenger side axle is in the way.
Overall, we remain tickled with this $19.2K purchase.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
For the money you and I paid, I think that these cars were an outstanding value.
We're at 32K now and while the interior is not as nice as that found in earlier Accords we've owned, it seems that it should hold up well.
This car is also not as much fun to drive as earlier Accords, but it will cruise in near silence at whatever speed you'd like while delivering fuel economy as good as any previous Accord that we've had.
It also has more power than any previous four cylinder Accord, as well as a good bit more room inside and in the trunk.
I should mention that the oil filter is also easier to remove than on earlier accords we've had, where the passenger side axle is in the way.
Overall, we remain tickled with this $19.2K purchase.

I agree, it was and has been a good value.
I have been impressed with the size of the car, given that this generation was considered a full size car.
It drives and presents itself like the Japanese version of the previous generation of the Impala. I have hit 37 MPG highway on a trip at 70MPH with the A/C on. I have been averaging 32 in mixed driving. Impressive for the size of the car.
I do miss the driving dynamics of my two previous Accords. Guess you can't have it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back