2012 Jeep with 3.6 Penestar/6spd. Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good buddy of mine purchased his 2012 Jeep with the 3.6 Penestar and 6spd Manual brand new in 2012. His work brought him back to Pa. again from Florida. Yesterday was the first time I got to truly experience the awesomeness of this Jeep. He has a slight modified lift on it to run 35s but everything else is stock. To note it is the hard top version also which I highly prefer. Has a meaty tone/purr from the get go when fired up. Goes thru the gears ohhh soo smoothly and stays in eco mode until your over 1700 rpms. Had it in snow covered and I would say a good 16-18 inches of non plowed trails yesterday. Tore them up with ease never even contemplating at any time to put it in 4 low. Power is just remarkable and cant even imagine it being tuned or supercharged at that. The style inside and out is the neatest I have ever experienced and have rode in a plethora of Jeeps over my 40 years surviving on this planet. Truly enjoyed the day with my buddy yesterday and LUVED his Jeep ever soo much!! That thing is just as much a beast on the road when tromped on as in the trails! Kudos to Jeep and Fiat for putting this bad boy on the market!! PS -- Had to pull out a 2001 Ford F150 4x4 while we were leaving the trails. That was our good giggle of the day!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pentastar is such a game changer when compared to the old V6. Wrangler needed a real engine with some cojones, and finally got one. Good call on his part with the manual.

They've got some power. A knucklehead I work with bought a brand-new fancy big tired one with the 6spd. When it had 32 miles on it, he tried to do a burn-out, dumped the clutch and snapped the rear driveshaft clean. He claimed he was able to get it home in 4x4 (front drive only at the time).

We love our 2013 Wrangler, although ours is an automatic. The Pentastar really does seem to be a great engine so far. It has so much more power than the 2011 we had with the 3.8, plus it gets better gas mileage and doesn't burn oil. The 3.8 was a complete turd when towing our ATVs. Haven't towed with the Pentastar yet, but I'm guessing it's much better in that department as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back