Truck Bed Liner as an Undercoating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the surface is properly prepped and free of oil and grease [which might be tricky on the under carriage] I think it would be great. Any traces of dirt, oil, grease, or break fluid and it will peel, that's the only downside I can think of.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
any kinda coating for the vehicle is a bad idea, just wash it often and very thoroughly at the end of winter.
When I say wash I won't mean going through a car wash. Car washes do little for the under body, engine bay, suspension parts etc.
I take my garden hose and hose everything down.
This year I am going to try something new after washing.
I am going to spray WD Corrosion inhibitor on the parts that is rusting, like trailer hitch etc.
Salt spray goes to every crevice possible, I take my time and wash off what I can.
the underbody of most modern cars does not need any kind of coating.

you could try something like
http://www.kellsportproducts.com/aboutfluidfilm.html

I used to spray clear coat on parts I did not want to rust in the engine bay. worked well.
If I lived in a rust prone area I'd definitely use undercoating. Your cars probably aren't rusting because judging by their miles in your signature, it seems they only get driven to church down the block once a week. Nobody's car will rust with that low of miles.

Miles don't mean much, its exposure to salt that does the rusting.

Many cars come from the factory as mentioned with undercoating, but they all still rust Only oil based undercoating will save them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back