CRC Targets Kroil with "Knock'er Loose"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the local Fastenal picking up some impossible hardware when I noticed an ad on their desk by CRC in which they are comparing the abilities of their new product "Knock'er Loose" to Kano Labs Kroil. Naturally, they had declared themselves the winner, but I decided to pick up a can and see for myself.

The first task I gave it was releasing the hinge pins on a badly corroded Mercury Marine outdrive. Hanging my entire body from a 3 foot breaker bar, and impact tools were having no effect on these pieces. The ultimate result was that our first hinge pin removal tool sheared completely.

I gave all sides of the hinge pins a shot of the Knock'er Loose, and gave 5 minutes for it to set in. Using a good deal of strength, I was able to remove both hinge pins using only a 12" ratchet.

I really have no idea how it stands up compared to Kroil, but this stuff definitely has incredible ability. Think I'll pick up a case.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Is that the stuff that has some oil but also some freezing capability?

No. I love freeze off too, but I always try new things.

Originally Posted By: Da Game
So I wonder where does that positions their "Freeze-Off" product?

I suspect it stays as a lateral product. From what the Fastenal rep told me, this is a direct campaign to relieve Kano labs of its customers.
02.gif

In other words, this is for people who normally don't even look at CRC, to bring them in. I assume the idea is to convert them to sampling the entire CRC product line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back