G-Oil 4 Cycle Small Engin Oil VS PCMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the difference between 4 cycle engine oil and PCMO?

Trying to find out what the difference between the G-Oil small engine oil and G-Oil PCMO.
The 4 cycle small engine oil is 10W30 as is their car G-Oil.
Small engine oil meets API SM, SL, SJ, SH standards for gasoline engine lubricants. Car oil is API SM.

Is there any reason you would not use the small engine oil in a car motor the requires API SM oil?

As long as it meets SM, it would be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same oil.

It's called marketing, and is how less informed people are parted with their dollars. Passenger Car Motor Oil is 4 cycle engine oil. Same thing. If it meets SM then you can almost guarantee that it is regular SM oil that has been bottled up in a smaller bottle and price increased and sold as 4 cycle oil.

I couldn't even count how many times I've heard of people saying that you must buy the small 20 ounce bottle of Briggs & Stratton oil at Home Depot for $6.99 when they could have gone down to Wal-Mart and bought an entire quart of SuperTech SAE30 oil for $2.79.

Originally Posted By: landtoy80
Is there such a thing as additives for air cooled motors?

There is such a thing as additives but the additives don't care if you put them in an air cooled or a water cooled motor

All g-Oil would say is Car oil is formulated for cars and small engine oil is formulated for small engines.

I told G-Oil that I put the small engine oil in my vehicle and wanted to know if I should remove it or leave it till next oil change. Got no answer.

When I first called them the phone person said 4 cycle oil is a mix oil and car oil is for cars...I asked for another person to talk and got sent to voice mail.

The oil is in the motor right now and it hasn't blew up yet?
laugh.gif

I did add 2 bottles of Motor Oil Saver to the mix to control my start up smoke.

Last edited:
I've been using this in my VW Vanagon for about 40K miles. The lifters don't seem to tick after the vehicle sits nearly as badly as they do for other oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back