The Brian Williams Debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 1 FMF
no i wasn't kidding. i want to know why some people see fox as bad, I hear it all the time and it's simply oh they lie or their evil but that's all I hear. It seems like a lot of people simply like to goose step than think for themselves.... and the same goes for anyone flying a fox news flag spouting how NBC is this and that.

fox-apologizes-for-anti-islam-comments:
that doesn't count as a lie, more like a haha by opposing media to knock down fox. did you see the recent news of jew guy with a go-pro walking in Paris: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/02/17/...-streets-paris/
i wouldn't apologize, no go zone was completely true, fox should've had some balls. no different than black no go zones or white no go zones. and it's ironic that it this is in paris who fell immediately in WW2, looks like history about to repeat itself. or is this an outright lie by fox, this is all fabricated?

and the other two links about o'reilly lying about war coverage of falklands war: so the liberal news had a major slap in the face with Brian Williams (thus this thread). Now how did Brian Williams fail.. it wasn't by Fox - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Williams

so a few weeks later O'reilly who is the biggest opposition to the liberal media is now pointed out as a liar. This drink tastes a lot like kool-aid I mean the timing for one thing, the fact that the story they are going with happpened 20+ years ago sounds like a desperate attempt, and that 6 CBS collegues got together to claim O'reilly is a liar. The only way it could smell worse is if it were 6 NBC guys making the claim. if 6 other people want to say they never saw what he did fine but to think that's conclusive proof that he's "a liar" is as good as 6 white people on a jury convicting a black man in the 1960's... or a white woman claiming bill cosby raped her how many years later?

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more

I am as far left as one gets and even I think that conservatism deserves a better voice.
That some people actually believe this garbage to be news does not speak to conservatism, either: just gullibility in minds subjugated by the power of rhetoric.

Run by the ruthless and cynical; aimed at the dim-witted. It'll end up in textbooks for future generations as an example of the efficacy of propaganda.

your bashing is the same thing conservatives say about liberals (i.e. YOU ). I'm just trying to understand where it is actually wrong, or at least who is the biggest liar. so far i have to say nbc and the liberal side of things are the biggest liars, with Brian Williams, Dan Rather, and Bill Clinton.

The news media today is the worse I have seen in my entire lifetime. I was taught in journalism class in junior high school that the business of the news media is to accurately report the news to the public. If anybody thinks that the news media today is doing a great job I would like to know what planet they have been on.

I watch Fox News. I am not saying they are perfect but the rest of the news media has such a liberal bias it is almost beyond belief.

I know a guy who likes Fox News but his wife would not let him watch Fox News unless she was gone from the house. She would come home from work and watch NBC News with Brian Williams and this guy would watch the news with her. He said that a lot of important news stories were not even covered by NBC.

I am not going to get political here but how many times has the current administration lied to the American people? And what news organization does the current administration attack? Fox News. You don't see them attacking NBC or MSNBC, etc. Ever wonder why?

when people say "fox news is NOT fair and balanced"

is somewhat correct.

fox news is the counterbalance

i often wonder what things would be like without foxnews, because the only other person that comes to mind is rush limbaugh and well... keep him on radio and off tv.
The sad thing is how people in the liberal news are nazi like and hypocrites, where they proclaim equality and free speech... as long as it's their kind of equality and free speech.
It's a shame people can't see what's happening.

People have been so indoctrinated they can't even think straight.

And there are all kinds of fishy connections between the news media and politicians. They are even intermarried.

Originally Posted By: 1 FMF
no i wasn't kidding. i want to know why some people see fox as bad, I hear it all the time and it's simply oh they lie or their evil but that's all I hear. It seems like a lot of people simply like to goose step than think for themselves.... and the same goes for anyone flying a fox news flag spouting how NBC is this and that.

fox-apologizes-for-anti-islam-comments:
that doesn't count as a lie, more like a haha by opposing media to knock down fox. did you see the recent news of jew guy with a go-pro walking in Paris: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/02/17/...-streets-paris/
i wouldn't apologize, no go zone was completely true, fox should've had some balls. no different than black no go zones or white no go zones. and it's ironic that it this is in paris who fell immediately in WW2, looks like history about to repeat itself. or is this an outright lie by fox, this is all fabricated?

and the other two links about o'reilly lying about war coverage of falklands war: so the liberal news had a major slap in the face with Brian Williams (thus this thread). Now how did Brian Williams fail.. it wasn't by Fox - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Williams

so a few weeks later O'reilly who is the biggest opposition to the liberal media is now pointed out as a liar. This drink tastes a lot like kool-aid I mean the timing for one thing, the fact that the story they are going with happpened 20+ years ago sounds like a desperate attempt, and that 6 CBS collegues got together to claim O'reilly is a liar. The only way it could smell worse is if it were 6 NBC guys making the claim. if 6 other people want to say they never saw what he did fine but to think that's conclusive proof that he's "a liar" is as good as 6 white people on a jury convicting a black man in the 1960's... or a white woman claiming bill cosby raped her how many years later?

The fact that it happened 20 years ago makes it worse because journalists were expected to have integrity at that time.
BBC and other organizations have also reported that O'Reilly's story could not have happened.

Other Fox News lies:
Fox News falsely reported that the Texas Board of Education wanted to eliminate Christmas, the Founding Fathers, Independence Day and the Constitution from textbooks.
There is no basis in fact of this. I don't even know why they fabricated it.

Fox News (and Sarah Palin) falsely reported that Obama's healthcare plan manadated "Death Panels".
No such panel ever existed and no language in the plan provide for death panels.

Sean Hannity falsely reported that the President would order forced abortions and sterilization
Little more than a year and a half to go on this one. BHO better get busy with the vac-wombs.

Fox news mislead viewers into believing President Obama was responsible for the GM and Chrysler Bailout. This was actually carried out by President Bush in 2008.

As left wing Marxist as NPR is, Fox is right wing Facist. NPR omits. Fox flat out lies.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Fox flat out lies.

It's pretty hard to top this one:
http://www.ew.com/article/1993/02/26/datelines-disaster
The only reason they were sorry is that GM tracked down the burned truck in a salvage yard quite a few miles away. That 3.5 minute apology HAD to hurt themselves as well as their ratings and reputation.

"...the show’s producers allowed incendiary devices to be strapped to trucks for a crash-test demonstration."

Every network has bias. It's how they keep their viewers. But it seems like you have the most bias of all.

I wish I could find the quote and the name of the 60s Journalist that was at a conference of journalists and reporters, and he basically stated that his job was NOT to report the news in an unbiased fashion, but he was on the job to report what and how his employers and advertisers wanted conveyed to the viewers. I know it was a notable person but it escapes me who it was, it was before my time.

Quote:
...Continuing the bailout shell game, Fiat will now pay fellow bailout recipient UAW $4.4 billion for its stake in Chrysler. All the while, the U.S. government has pitched in more than $12 billion in taxpayer infusions...

...It is true that President George W. Bush provided initial funds for the auto bailout, and Romney backed government funding for a pre-packaged bankruptcy. Government aid to a specific business is something free market advocates can never support. But the Obama administration's politicized bankruptcy -- in which Chrysler was given to Fiat at the expense of creditors first in line -- took away the fundamental guarantee of the rule of law. Many American workers are suffering as a result.

Jon Berlau, 13th Jan., 2014.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: linkbelt
I don't think you will get any valid examples!

There was the time the Daily Show showed a video clip of O'reilly saying President Bush had nothing to do with gas prices, then a later clip of him blaming Obama for gas prices. One has to be a lie!

Johm

Originally Posted By: Mystic
People have been so indoctrinated they can't even think straight.

And there are all kinds of fishy connections between the news media and politicians. They are even intermarried.

There's a good one.

You could spend hours on the Net simply looking for anything that reinforces your beliefs. It's likely you'd find some goodies. But that hardly makes it true.

ALL media would appear to be run by humans, therefore it is biased. But smart folks can discern the 'meat' from the potatoes by getting several sources together for comparison...

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Fox flat out lies.

Every network has bias. It's how they keep their viewers. But it seems like you have the most bias of all.

I have the most bias of all?
crackmeup2.gif
13.gif

Because I don't drink the Rupert Murdoch Kool-Aide?

I do enjoy watching comedians like Jon Stewart completely destroy any credibility that Fox News might have had by exposing lie after lie.

To be fair, I also love listening to Dennis Miller do the same to MSNBC/CNN etc... Dennis Miller is freaking brilliant. I'm kinda' surprised he hasn't gone into that Thesaurus of a vocabulary of his and ripped Fox a new one for being what they are and tainting his side.

Spazdog said
> The fact that it happened 20 years ago makes it worse because journalists were expected to have integrity at that time.

That Dateline NBC piece with incendiary devices planted at all corners of the GM truck was Nov 17 1992. 22 years ago. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

"The incident was the most devastating in a series of ugly controversies that has seriously damaged the reputation of third-place NBC News over the last few years. ”When they read that apology, everyone who has ever been associated with that place was embarrassed,” says former NBC News president Reuven Frank. ”Morale is in the toilet,” adds a veteran NBC producer. ”Most people who’ve been here a while feel there’s nobody at the rudder.”

Well, at least they felt guilty about getting caught. Like Brian Williams.

I do find both sides of the political aisle are lacking in intellectual clout.

I'm a conservative (not necessarily Republican) more of the likes of William F. Buckley.

Seems both sides of the political spectrum are more about the cult of personality than they are about any intellectual substance.

What they lack in wisdom, they "make up" in likability or hate-ability depending on where you stand relative to them.
Originally Posted By: Kruse
Fox flat out lies.

I have the most bias of all?
crackmeup2.gif
13.gif

Because I don't drink the Rupert Murdoch Kool-Aide?

I do enjoy watching comedians like Jon Stewart completely destroy any credibility that Fox News might have had by exposing lie after lie.

To be fair, I also love listening to Dennis Miller do the same to MSNBC/CNN etc... Dennis Miller is freaking brilliant. I'm kinda' surprised he hasn't gone into that Thesaurus of a vocabulary of his and ripped Fox a new one for being what they are and tainting his side.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Sour grapes i say and the numbers prove it.
The left media is losing big time and rightfully so. Your in the minority chief. LOL
Turned on Fox new just now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/30/fox-news-cable-news-ratings_n_6398220.html

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/2014-cable-news-ratings-cnn-beats-msnbc-in-primetime-demo-fox-still-1/

All that proves is Liberals are out enjoying life, while all the old curmudgeons are sitting at home miserable in front of the TV blaming everything on Obama.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
The left media is losing big time and rightfully so. Your in the minority chief. LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/30/fox-news-cable-news-ratings_n_6398220.html

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/2014-cable-news-ratings-cnn-beats-msnbc-in-primetime-demo-fox-still-1/

All that proves is Liberals are out enjoying life, while all the old curmudgeons are sitting at home miserable in front of the TV blaming everything on Obama.
Leftists "enjoying life"...all they do is whine about what's BAD for ya.

I think it's hilarious that this incident degenerates into a "my media outlet is more honest than your media outlet" argument. I'm comparing Brian Williams to Brian Williams and not what Fox News or PBS has done over the last x years...and I have no dog in the race as I think most mainstream media outlets including the major networks would sound more professional with intelligent 10th graders reading the news. "Journalist" is a relative term with some not labelled journalists being the actual journalists. Unfortunately, the infotainers are often labelled "journalists" when that might be a stretch.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Of course its easier to enjoy life when your on the dole. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back