New Jersey gun law nabs another bad guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: redbone3
Gun laws are working as designed: Make it inconvenient and expensive to own a gun.

Only the rich should have guns?

I don't think of a felony as an inconvenience.

My point is that the majority of gun laws are designed to discourage gun ownership. They do that by making it more expensive or more inconvenient.

Gun laws are working as designed: Make it inconvenient and expensive to own a gun.

My point is that the majority of gun laws are designed to discourage gun ownership. They do that by making it more expensive or more inconvenient.

Gottcha!

^^^ Too much Gov't control in NJ. I'd never live in a state that was boarder line Germany, circa 1940.

What a totally ridiculous use of taxpayers money. Perhaps an IQ test is needed for both those who write the laws and those who enforce them over there?

True unfortunately.

It's cases like these that make me oppose ALL new gun regulations. It is nothing more than a power grab by the gov't. I've been told stories by "old-timers", that they used to carry their squirrel guns to school and keep them in the coat closet until school let out. How times have changed.

To quote G. Washington-"When government takes away citizens' right to bear arms it becomes citizens' duty to take away government's right to govern." It'll never happen though as most people are sheeple. We are slowly, inexorably becoming what Europe has become. So sad.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
What a totally ridiculous use of taxpayers money. Perhaps an IQ test is needed for both those who write the laws and those who enforce them over there?

George Bernard Shaw pointed out that "only in a democracy can a people have the government that they deserve". The police and DA (elected) are upholding the law enacted by the (elected) legislature. Fools elect fools. Perhaps the good people of New Jersey may not all be fools, BUT they have elected plenty.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Once you see the uniforms of their State Troopers, you know you're in the circus. Even they look like they want to eat their service pistol for having to wear that.

Don't forget that pumping your own gas is also a crime.

How is the Florida uniform:

Winning-Season-29.jpg

Any different than NJ, other than the color, the "smokey the bear" hats and some extra "piping"

large_troopers.JPG

Interesting how Ive never been hassled once for pumping my gas. Of course when its convenient to NOT do so, I have the luxury of it. Do you get off griping over inconsequential, meaningless things? Or are you imagining how your "freedoms" are somehow violated because someone else pumps your gas? You would be free to go over the line to any neighboring state and pay more to pump it yourself.

Inconvenient, sure. Its a one time thing for unlimited long guns, once you have the purchase card once, youve got it forever. For handguns, it is a hassle. But expense-wise? I think the last time I got permits, they cost $2 each.

The bigger hassle is that they are only good for like 90 days, NOT the cost, considering that Im buying a multi-hundred dollar item.

Regardless, how that relates to the violation of a law with a relic isnt exactly clear. And I still havent seen a straight answer as to why the guy was searched for a routine traffic stop. Sorry, anyone with half a brain knows that isnt typical, anywhere.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
[ And I still haven't seen a straight answer as to why the guy was searched for a routine traffic stop. Sorry, anyone with half a brain knows that isn't typical, anywhere.

Its a good question, we don't know, we were not there. I can surmise that most people keep their insurance and registration in the glove box, and with the officer approaching, he probably waited until asked as you don't want to be reaching around in the car until you are asked to. ( I keep my hands on the wheel and verbalize any action before i take it) So he probably had to say it's in there, or the officer saw a large cloth covered item in the glove box when he opened it. ( a flintlock ain't small!) This is them most likely scenario.

Last edited:
Maybe the whole thing is a setup to challenge the ridiculous NJ gun laws ? What's next ? cigarette lighter guns (old antique from 50's-60's) ?

It would be nice if some top lawyers took this one pro-bono

NRA lawyers ought to be all over it and publicizing the heck out of it. Even if he's not a member, it could boost sign-ups.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jkasch

NRA lawyers ought to be all over it and publicizing the heck out of it. Even if he's not a member, it could boost sign-ups.

NJ is a lost cause..probably the NRA has figured that out. Taking that case and winning it will not further gun rights in that state.

There is a pro-gun lawyer taking this cause per my understanding on one of the NJ gun forums I read.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Once you see the uniforms of their State Troopers, you know you're in the circus. Even they look like they want to eat their service pistol for having to wear that.

Don't forget that pumping your own gas is also a crime.

How is the Florida uniform:

Winning-Season-29.jpg

Any different than NJ, other than the color, the "smokey the bear" hats and some extra "piping"

large_troopers.JPG

Interesting how Ive never been hassled once for pumping my gas. Of course when its convenient to NOT do so, I have the luxury of it. Do you get off griping over inconsequential, meaningless things? Or are you imagining how your "freedoms" are somehow violated because someone else pumps your gas? You would be free to go over the line to any neighboring state and pay more to pump it yourself.

Which particular cleaners/lubricants are they using on their firearms and related equipment, as it's not evident (to me at least) in the photos as to the relevance to the forum.

You're killin' me Steve! 90% of this forum is now politics, gun control, gun laws, etc... Very rarely is firearm maintenance/lubrication discussed any more....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back