New rifle suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently had a post about a Remington BDL, but with their quality, I ran away. I found a Mossberg "Patriotic Rifle?" in .270, new for $350. I also found a Savage 111 hog hunter in .223 for $510, new but it would take several months to get it. Not particular on caliber but would you spring for the mossy? Never had a large caliber rifle but would like to get into longer distance target shooting. Thanks..

Here is the mossy http://www.mossberg.com/product/rifles-b...-vortex-scope-4

Last edited:
I'm on board with 3311. Ruger American or the Remmy. If you like the .270, look long and hard at the .270 WSM. Hammer of Thor on whitetail.

It appears you are passed the fixed sight which opens up many possibilities.
My .270 is a Browning composite with BOSS. Excellent shooter with low recoil (for a 270). Enjoy the search.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
It appears you are passed the fixed sight which opens up many possibilities.
My .270 is a Browning composite with BOSS. Excellent shooter with low recoil (for a 270). Enjoy the search.
I love my Browning 7mm a bolt. Vortex Crossfire 2 scope.

I have a Savage in .270:

270scope01.jpg

Topped with a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16, great gun!

There is at least one Savage 111 hog hunter on Gunbroker right now.

Savage .223 model 11/111 Hog Hunter NIB 19661 TB

Auction # 468449248
Please if you are the buyer or seller to see more helpful information.

I personally would rather a Browning X-Bolt, but get whatever works for you.

I have handled a Savage Patrol in 223 bolt at Cabela's. Nice gun, bolt worked smoothly, crisp trigger, nicely made, 18 inch barrel was light and quick, great price. If I were looking for a pig gun, that might be a good idea... as long as a second shot isn't needed as quickly as a lever gun or pump gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back