New Jersey gun law nabs another bad guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy
frown.gif
Flintlock from 1700s might ruin this guys life

What a waste of law enforcement time. Must have been a really slow crime day.
The gun is clearly just a curio.

If I ever serve on jury duty, I would love to serve on a case like this. I'd stick to not guilty during deliberations.

Originally Posted By: redbone3
Gun laws are working as designed: Make it inconvenient and expensive to own a gun.

Change gun for automobile, and you've got the same set of "problems"
whistle.gif

I'm not a "gun guy" by any stretch, but that's a beautiful gun. It deserves to be displayed in someone's collection, not hidden away in an evidence locker.

Originally Posted By: redbone3
Gun laws are working as designed: Make it inconvenient and expensive to own a gun.

Only the rich should have guns?

I don't think of a felony as an inconvenience.

Last edited:
Wow! Mercedes-Benz can't get people to come and work at their HQ in Montvale, NJ due to high cost of living (vs. what they're willing to pay, of course), and now this.
My advice is to somehow collect on your homeowners somehow and get out ASAP! I did 8 years ago, and every day I'm did every time I visit friends.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Originally Posted By: 2cool
Wow! Mercedes-Benz can't get people to come and work at their HQ in Montvale, NJ due to high cost of living (vs. what they're willing to pay, of course), and now this.
My advice is to somehow collect on your homeowners somehow and get out ASAP! I did 8 years ago, and every day I'm did every time I visit friends.

Can you repeat a little more slowly. I missed a few words and can only conclude that you think NJ (censored). I see NJ drivers on the ADK Northway driving so fast one has to assume they just need to get away from there. And they are already 200 miles away.

New York and New Jersey gun laws are strict without a doubt. Common sense in writing the statues is really the key. Look at NYs Safe Act. Rode in to law on the heels of a sad event in our neighboring state. Should it even be legal without public debate? No wonder were labelled liberals. And an upstate New Yorker is anyone just north of the Tappan Zee.

The message here is very clear, never never go to to New Jersey.

Imagine what would happen if there was a situation where a New Jersey police officer would have to think? You as an innocent citizen would be in real trouble. I guess in New Jersey "citizen" and "victim" are synonymous.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
The message here is very clear, never never go to to New Jersey.

Imagine what would happen if there was a situation where a New Jersey police officer would have to think? You as an innocent citizen would be in real trouble. I guess in New Jersey "citizen" and "victim" are synonymous.

This is correct.

NJ 2C:39-5 is a censored.

And don't DARE buy a toy off EBay...

NJ is all about manufactured revenue.

I'm glad the TV news makes a fool of the laws and cops on this one. For once they're selling advertising for a decent reason.

But something doesn't add up. When I've been pulled over, I either have all my papers out or tell the cop I'm reaching, get them, and then proceed. Never once have I been asked to get out of have them search. That's including the time when I got off working 18 hours and forgot to turn on my headlights on a well lit road after midnight. That cop sure thought I was UI.

So what did this guy do to justify a search?

Further, nj law clearly states to keep firearms in the trunk, or if there is no trunk, out of reach. The glovebox covers #2 if invoked, but not #1. So, assuming he was driving in a car, why wasn't it in the trunk? If it was wrapped in cloth in a glovebox, it wasnt a very valuable or special item. Why have it strewn there?

Cases like this suck for the person but are good for bringing visibility to the cause. That said, it doesn't take much thought to make one have to question what created the circumstances.

Fair enough, he should have put it out of reach; but c'mon! It's an almost 300 year old flint-lock!!!! The cop should have given him a ticket for being stupid and let it go at that. I hope, that if it goes to trial; the jury makes the prosecution look like the north end of a south-bound horse.

Originally Posted By: 2cool
Fair enough, he should have put it out of reach; but c'mon! It's an almost 300 year old flint-lock!!!! The cop should have given him a ticket for being stupid and let it go at that. I hope, that if it goes to trial; the jury makes the prosecution look like the north end of a south-bound horse.

Concur. There is inconsistency with federal law regarding antique firearms, curios and relics. That said, the fact that it is wasting taxpayer money actually provides a better soapbox to stand from to make this idiocy commonly known.

Sounds like some entity is trying to weasel their way out of paying a pension. A pension he probably paid into quite a bit.

Once you see the uniforms of their State Troopers, you know you're in the circus. Even they look like they want to eat their service pistol for having to wear that.

Don't forget that pumping your own gas is also a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back