Finishing those cartridges...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've pretty much decided for now that I'm going to stick with Fram Ultras and AC Delco filters for now. (Help make me feel better since some of my cars will stop running synthetic since I picked up some good deals) But in my stash I still have a Puro classic and driveworks filter left. I'm tempted to give them away, but the BITOGer in me says USE them....
crazy.gif

I'm thinking about shortening the current OCIs on my cars anyways due to the crazy end of winter (might actually end up a 3/3000, something I have not done in years) I think I can get by with the driveworks (used it once with good results), but not sure about that puro classic...

With all those puro classic horror stories, it might help if I hear some good stories about people using the puro classic cartridge filters....

I clicked on this thinking it would be in the firearms section....

I bought Mahle filters in bulk for the Volvos, and I use MB fleece for the S600. All others are canister...and I'm not really worried about the P1 Purolaters that I've got stashed for the Toyotas.

Last edited:
Is this the ecotec app? I run puros in wife's HHR and they're decent. They dent a little making the media wavy with the cap twisting down but all fitlers seem to do this.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Is this the ecotec app? I run puros in wife's HHR and they're decent. They dent a little making the media wavy with the cap twisting down but all fitlers seem to do this.

Yep-and true...

Aren't the cartridges somewhat exempt from the tearing?

I would use what you have and go with a wire backed filter once those run out.

The cartridge filters have never had the tearing problems the spin-on Purolators have exhibited.
Not surprising, since they are of entirely different construction.
I'd use both of the oil filters you have without question.
I'm still using up my stock of P1s, bought cheaply with AAP coupon codes back when they were considered the bee's knees here.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The cartridge filters have never had the tearing problems the spin-on Purolators have exhibited.
Not surprising, since they are of entirely different construction.
I'd use both of the oil filters you have without question.
I'm still using up my stock of P1s, bought cheaply with AAP coupon codes back when they were considered the bee's knees here.

True...though there not too many pleats in the puro one though...

I am running a Classic cartridge on the KIA now and just bought another in an OCI special. If the cartridges have had any issues at all it is news to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back