Autocraft vs. Interstate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Donald
The Walmart MAXX (made by JCI around here when I last looked) is top of the list for most groups on Consumer Reports. Given they have a good price and are everywhere, I see no reason to go elsewhere unless you really hate Walmart.

If you order enough of almost anything you can have it made to your spec or at least choose the spec you want when you negotiate the deal. So one does not really know if various batteries made by JCI (Insterstate included) are all made to the same spec. But they will be better than one made by Exide.

I had a maxx in my truck and it performed poorly. after the second warranty replacement, I want AAP and have been pleased.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
The Walmart MAXX (made by JCI around here when I last looked) is top of the list for most groups on Consumer Reports. Given they have a good price and are everywhere, I see no reason to go elsewhere unless you really hate Walmart.

If you order enough of almost anything you can have it made to your spec or at least choose the spec you want when you negotiate the deal. So one does not really know if various batteries made by JCI (Insterstate included) are all made to the same spec. But they will be better than one made by Exide.

I had a maxx in my truck and it performed poorly. after the second warranty replacement, I want AAP and have been pleased.

AAP Silver is one of the best batteries. Reasonable prices, and Johnson Controls, Inc manufactured.

I would not hesitate to get another AAP Silver. I also hear they are real deals, with online coupons. I hope they never exempt batteries from those coupons.

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne

AAP Silver is one of the best batteries. Reasonable prices, and Johnson Controls, Inc manufactured.

I would not hesitate to get another AAP Silver. I also hear they are real deals, with online coupons. I hope they never exempt batteries from those coupons.

How can you possibly have owned a vehicle long enough to make that kind of statement about a battery? We've got 8+ years out of multiple Motorcraft examples, that's why I recommend them. Based on experience.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne

How can you possibly have owned a vehicle long enough to make that kind of statement about a battery? We've got 8+ years out of multiple Motorcraft examples, that's why I recommend them. Based on experience.

Ummm... Though I may have (obviously) never had 8+ years of experience in a vehicle to say that, I know my research on Advance always putting them at the top of the list, besting Exide and Deka batteries. The Volvo NEVER had a battery-related issue, in New England cold; it was the CTS, or Coolant Temperature Sensor, that prohibited it from starting.

I may have not had a car for 8 years straight; rather, more like 8 months. That doesn't mean it is not a good battery, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back