16:10 monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been some time since we've had a monitor discussion in this forum.
smile.gif

I'm looking for a new monitor for work/office. It needs to be easy on the eyes since I spend a lot of time looking at it every single day. No gaming. I'd like a 16:10 aspect ratio. Good color accuracy would be nice since I do photo editing in my spare time.

I currently have an older Samsung 22" monitor.

Budget: $500 max.

Any thoughts on this Dell U2415?

http://amzn.com/B00NZTKOQI

If the 2415 is, besides being larger, the same as the Ultrasharp 2212, then yes, it's an excellent IPS display. I have been using the 2212 for three years. It has a nice matte screen with good colors and contrast. Very adjustable.

hotwheels

I have the viewsonic 2770

http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VP2770-LED-SuperClear-Professional-Pre-Calibrated/dp/B00906HNZU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1422848469&sr=8-5&keywords=Viewsonic+27%22

I can't tell you if it meets your specs, and it is a bit over budget, but I'll tell you that I went from a highly rated dell ultra sharp and my eye strain and headaches went away and the picture is definitely superior.

Everyone in my office is getting a new U2415, I was in the first batch.

It's nice, but I'm not sure that it is $300+ nice. But, they only buy equipment from Dell. Dell laptops, Dell monitors, Dell keyboards, Dell printers.

When it is my money, I buy Asus.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
When it is my money, I buy Asus.

The comparable offering from Asus would be the PA248Q, I believe; however, I'm not sure it's any better than the Dell. Both seem to be highly rated on Amazon.

I've been happy with the Samsung SyncMaster S24A850DW, but I kind of feel people are not building buzz around PLS panels, sticking with IPS.

Monoprice has a few monitors.

I used this monitor and while excellent found it too small for my needs as a 100% telecommuter. My eyes grew tired so I moved onto a dell 30" with 2500x1600 resolution which I have no eye strain.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sicko
Do they still make 16:10?

They do. The one I linked to in my original post is 16:10.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
rjundi, which model is that 30" monitor? How close do you sit from it?

Is it the U3014? That thing costs more than what I'm willing to spend.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back