Montana Gold Bullets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search on the site and did not see where this had been asked (but pardon the repetition if it has).

Has anyone shot any Montana Gold bullets? They seem to be quality made, but I was hoping to hear some first hand information before I pull the proverbial trigger on an order.

I've used them many times in the past when reloading with great results for range use (I use factory ammo for defensive use). Never an issue

I've loaded both their .355" 124 gr and 147gr in 9mm handguns and they are first class. I stocked up years ago but have shot thousands and thousands. I stopped shooting lead due to polygonal rifling.

I settled on 147gr for practice since that's what I carry, they hit POA/POI for me. I do keep some 124gr for the P7. True Blue is a wonderful choice for heavier bullets in 9mm, in case you're asking.

First class quality for less than Hornady, at the time I bought at least.

Last edited:
I've shot a great many .357 Magnum, .40 S&W and some .44 Magnum recently using MG bullets. Their prices have gone up quite a lot in the past couple of years but they are still a decent value IMO.

One thing to note is that they are intended for target use and because of this, the hollow-point versions expand very little if at all.

Originally Posted By: Crashbox
One thing to note is that they are intended for target use and because of this, the hollow-point versions expand very little if at all.

I noticed that in the YouTube test that another poster linked above. Though OTMs are great for accuracy in rifle loads, with such a short flight time, I am not sure that I see the advantage in a pistol load.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFSVXGNWHKE

If you believe this guy that these are loaded with Montana Gold's, it gives you an idea.

Thanks for this; it definitely shed some light on the construction and the quality. The tester noted the same performance in a 9MM round so the 45ACP was not just a fluke.

Happy to help good sir. I subscribe to that guy's channel because I find it oddly entertaining as well as informative. It made me feel better about my 9mm JHP choices I carry.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
One of the better Youtubers for ammo tests.

Totally agree; his information on 357 SIG has been priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back