gas in engine shoudl I try engine flush ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old 84 Mustang 5.0, the old carb is leaking so much gas into the engine, I change the oil and let it sit for 5 month, now I just put in brand new carb in it, after driving around, it run fine, a little bit of smoke, I check the oil and its kinda black, I feel like it mix with old gas that in it, how I complete clean out my engine that contaminate with gas ?

while im here, its normal for the car to smoke ( steam ) after been park for 5-6 month, it reduce alot after 2-3 time long drive..

Drain oil when hot, change filter, refill and proceed. As long as you have eliminated the fuel contamination problem, that is all that should be necessary.

Last edited:
Bardahl or Rislone engine flush idle for 15 mins.
Add bottle to the old oil in the crankcase. Run engine for 15 minutes to circulate flush. Drain engine, replace filter and fill with new oil.

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
Drain oil when hot, change filter, refill and proceed. As long as you have eliminated the fuel contamination problem, that is all that should be necessary.

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

cheers3.gif

Why use a flush? Ive seen carbs hyro lock an engine when the needle valve got stuck open. A flush? What do you think 5 gallons of gas is?
grin2.gif

No matter what you do, there will still be residual oil/gas in the lifters and oil galleries in the engine.

When I had antifreeze contaminate my oil, I changed oil, drove about 500 miles and changed oil again; then drove about 1,000 miles, took an oil sample and sent it to a lab for analysis.

Do whatever makes YOU feel comfortable.

Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil
No matter what you do, there will still be residual oil/gas in the lifters and oil galleries in the engine.

When I had antifreeze contaminate my oil, I changed oil, drove about 500 miles and changed oil again; then drove about 1,000 miles, took an oil sample and sent it to a lab for analysis.

Do whatever makes YOU feel comfortable.

Coolant is a whole different issue than gasoline. The small fraction of gas left in the oil after a drain will evaporate very quickly, when the engine is run at operating temperature. Coolant makes a slurry that really does not have anyplace to go, other than out the drain hole with the oil.

I just drain the oil right now, it came out dark kinda grey looking black, and that oil is only 30-40 mile on it, pour another half quare on each valve cover fill hole, and let it drain couple hours. I dont drive these car much, mabe 200-500 miles a years, will keep monitor every month when I take out for short drive.

I cant find defy 10w30, so I just grap super mobil 5000 high miles 10w30 and FL1A ^^ , thanks all.

It would be a good thing to take this car out for a bit of a longer run, so that any residual gas will evaporate. Say, 30 miles at freeway speeds.

I will do this, when it stop raining here.

Quick update : ( I do not use any engine oil flush ) just run hot and change the oil, but Oil keep turning black color less then 100 miles, it still feel pretty smooth when I rub on it and its smell oil ( no gas smell ). Made me want to change the oil again -_-

mabe this engine have slug inside ?

it does burn tiny bit of oil too, mabe upper weight of oil ? from 10w30 to 10w40 ? PYB

or add quart of MMO ? or that ristone engine treatment that every one talking about ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Quick update : ( I do not use any engine oil flush ) just run hot and change the oil, but Oil keep turning black color less then 100 miles, it still feel pretty smooth when I rub on it and its smell oil ( no gas smell ). Made me want to change the oil again -_-

mabe this engine have slug inside ?

it does burn tiny bit of oil too, mabe upper weight of oil ? from 10w30 to 10w40 ? PYB

or add quart of MMO ? or that ristone engine treatment that every one talking about ?

If you want to eliminate any sludge, I would use a can of 5 minute motor flush every oil change and then add either MMO or Rislone to the oil. I have used both of these products and they seem to work well. I dont think they will do much to stop your engine from burning oil, but the sludge should get better over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back