Mitsubishi outlander 2.2 diesel - any experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the significant differencies between the C1,C2, C3? What to look out for? Many oils I can buy is acea A3/B3, C3. Is that a good idea for this diesel? Is there a good high performance manufacturer approval to look out for also?

What about Aral Supertronic III 5w-30:
ACEA C3
VW 504 00/ 507 00
Erfüllt die Anforderung der ehemaligen VW 503 01-Norm
MB-Freigabe 229.51
BMW Longlife-04
Porsche C30

Are you buying used or new? I'd avoid a pre-2012 Mivec - D

The older 2.2 were PSA engined (before 2010 IIRC, those were ok. better option than the 2.0 VAG TDI.

Last edited:
I bought a new 2013 model year. Will service it at manufacturer interval but will perform extra oci:s at 50-60% of time/mileage. Just want to get the best protection for both engine and after treatment systems, since both are expensive to fix if they go out.

They are rock solid if you make enough miles since the piston rings got changed in 2012. Try to identify when a regen is taking place and avoid shutting the engine down when a regen is in process.

The whole car is very reliable. I work for a mitsubishi and hyundai dealer, the quality difference is day and night. Can only think of 1 issue, sometimes the wiring above the interior light vibrates against the roof. remove the light and put some electrical tape around the wiring to tie them together if this happens. PHEV suffer more from this as they are obviously even more quiet.

If it was my car, I'd go with an oil + filter change every 10.000 km. Mz690070 for the filter, 5.3l Acea C3 oil.

Edit washer = MD050317

Last edited:
Thanks, Jetronic, good info. Does not sound like serious problems. The only issue I have is similar, there is sometimes a snapping sound from the front right tweeter area. maybe a sqweaking panel or something with the tweeter.

So I'll go with a C3 oil then, maybe the Aral Supertronic or Total Quartz Ineo LONG LIFE 5W-30 or Shell Helix Diesel HX7-AV

So what do you all say about Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5w-30 for this application? Verdict please:

The oil says the following:

ACEA C2/C3
API CF
JASO DL-1
VW 504 00 / 507 00
MB-Approval 229.31/229.51
BMW Longlife 04
Porsche C30
Peugeot Citroen Automobiles B71 2290

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back