2015 Corolla oil change interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Sithely
Yeah I figured so. My only real reasoning is because we have a 2008 XB that started burning oil @ ~85K miles and the first 35K miles were dealership oil changes.

Different engines and the 35K of dealer changes probably did not contribute. The 2AZ-FE engines of that vintage were known to eat a little oil. So it's most likely coincedence not cause/effect.

Just hard to shake things sometimes LOL

I assume they will be using Toyota synthetic oil and filters.

Thanks.

You have a 2008 2AZ-Fe engine with the bad piston rings. Toyota put out a TSB for the serial numbers. I have a 2008 Rav4 with the same 2.4L burner now at 95,000 miles and just starting to consume oil. The dealer oil changes have nothing to do with the oil consumption. That said. I will never do the 10k OCI on a Toyota engine. Toyota has a poor history of extending OCI's only to find later they have PCV/sludge issues. I am now on my 6th Toyota and all get 5000 OCI's with synthetic oil. You just can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: barkingspider
If u have free oil changes at the dealer, let them do it unless it's inconvenient. After warranty, u can OCI as u please

+1 Free is free.

If u have free oil changes at the dealer, let them do it

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
+1 Free is free.

It's not free whatsoever.

The stipulation requires all scheduled maintenance being performed at the dealer.

Originally Posted By: CELICA_XX
If u have free oil changes at the dealer, let them do it

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
+1 Free is free.

It's not free whatsoever.

The stipulation requires all scheduled maintenance being performed at the dealer.

I'm not doubting you've seen that. I've taken advantage of that deal at my Toyota dealer twice, and they only changed the oil and filter. Maybe I got lucky and that was all the scheduled maintenance for that interval?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back