Review-'15 Challenger Scat Pack vs Mustang PP 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please close this thread; it is pushing me even closer to buying the 2010 CPO Hemi Orange SRT8 Challenger I've been considering.
Just STOP IT!!!

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Please close this thread; it is pushing me even closer to buying the 2010 CPO Hemi Orange SRT8 Challenger I've been considering.
Just STOP IT!!!

DO IT!!!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Just STOP IT!!!

DO IT!!!
grin.gif

+1

I'm going to check it out tomorrow or Saturday- more news as it becomes available...
19.gif

I am wondering what kind of world we live in when a solid 12 second car is considered fast, not quick? AN AWESOME WORLD!!!

Like some have posted, I felt the same with just feeling so-so about the mustang from pics. I had a new 5.0 behind me today though, and it changed my mind. On the road it looks really good and doesn't look to be that much of a drastic departure from the 2010-2014.

The new Stang is very nice... But? I'd have to agree with the OP... Challenger all the way. Seems like it's more substantial.

How often are you going to race at the track? Exactly.

Thanks for the great review!!

Your "die hard Ford guy" statement tells me you should buy the Mustang regardless. If there's any issue's, not saying there will be, you'll be kicking yourself. Have a example of that in my driveway. I wouldn't mind playing with the Challenger a few days but that's about it. Eventually want to replace the Focus with V6/Auto Mustang, just something about the Mustang. Granted not sure on average how long you keep vehicles, if it's only a couple years go with either!

The dealer that has the 2010 SRT8also has a new 2015 R/T Plus in Sublime. Manual gearbox, Driver Convenience Group, Sound Group, Uconnect/nav, and the Super Track Pack. No hole in the roof, either. $37,343. I do like it a bit more than the 2010(particularly the interior), but I don't like it $9,000 better...

74481c7fca74bf9af2432275befa040ax.jpg

what? in 5 years, it has only dropped by $9K? Or was there a lot of difference between the list price of these two cars?

Originally Posted By: 95busa
I am wondering what kind of world we live in when a solid 12 second car is considered fast, not quick? AN AWESOME WORLD!!!
just think about the Challenger with the 700 Hp supercharged engine would be !!1 That though would empty out the check book and I just can't stomach it.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
what? in 5 years, it has only dropped by $9K? Or was there a lot of difference between the list price of these two cars?

I think the 2010 had an MSRP of @$45,000.

Challengers are hot now, expect prices on new ones to be high.

The SRT8 version is in a class by itself, since it is produced in far lower numbers it holds its value better long term, as most SRT vehicles do...

The SRT8 is now off the table; it was advertised as having the SRT Option Group II, which gets you a 522 watt 13 speaker Kicker audio system. When I looked at it today it it was obvious that the car didn't have that package- I ended up walking away without even a test drive.
33.gif

The SRT8 is now off the table; it was advertised as having the SRT Option Group II, which gets you a 522 watt 13 speaker Kicker audio system. When I looked at it today it it was obvious that the car didn't have that package- I ended up walking away without even a test drive.
33.gif

This is a major problem for many used car buyers who may be interested in a car. Stealerships rarely know much about models they see so few of!

The kicker system is a very sought after option in the world of SRT8's...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

This is a major problem for many used car buyers who may be interested in a car. Stealerships rarely know much about models they see so few of!

The kicker system is a very sought after option in the world of SRT8's...

I do think it was an honest mistake; the dealer is part of the same group that owns my BMW dealer and every person I have dealt with has treated me in an honest fashion. In any event, I may have spoke too soon; it seams Chrysler offers a retrofit kit which apparently gets you pretty much the whole Kicker system- and it can be installed in an afternoon...

I was nearly ready to buy a 2015 Mustang to replace my 2006 Mustang. I was interested in the 2.3 Ecoboost version. The Mustang drives great, however the drivers seat is a tight squeeze for a 6'1 230 lb man. I test drove a 2015 Challenger SXT Plus with the Super Track Pack and was extremely impressed. Great ride with plenty of room and a useable back seat. The 3.6 has good power and the new 8-speed automatic is a plus. I have also admired the Challenger's styling since it returned in 2008. I wound up buying the Challenger and am very happy. Good luck and have fun looking.

I'm going with a Challenger as well. I wanted to like the new Mustang GT, but it left me cold. I'm getting a new or used Challenger SRT(or a R/T Plus with the Super Track Pak and three Pedals).

I've not test drove either 15 model but I would probably get the Challenger. I love the look, especially over the 15 Mustang. I did test drive a new 13 R/T last year and they do drive nice and have good power.

I almost bought one but got a 14 Mustang GT instead for a few reasons. I like the Mustang but sometimes wish I would have gotten a Challenger. I will get one some day though.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back