NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yesterday's playoff games went pretty much as I expected. ARZ just couldn't compete with Lindly as the QB, which is too bad...it would've been interesting to see how far they could've gone with a healthy Palmer...my hat is off to Bruce Arians for the turn-around he's made there...personally, I don't think CAR has much of a shot in SEA...the Steelers/Ravens game was a little surprising to me (mainly because BAL had never beaten PIT in the post season), but I didn't think PIT would get very far in the post season...yes they won some pretty big games this year where they were underdogs, but they had some clunkers too (TB and NYJ). Even if they had beaten BAL I don't think they could beat DEN...in today's games I'm picking IND and DAL, though I'm holding out hope for DET to somehow pull off the upset...as a Redskins fan I just can't root for Dallas...it's engrained in my blood to hate them...besides, I'd rather GB got CAR next weekend than DAL...

Last edited:
Also hoping for a Lions win. I'd rather the Packers play Carolina than the Cowboys. Carolina has a lot of momentum, but the Cowboys just tore up December. Of course I'd do anything to have the NFC championships in Green Bay rather than Seattle since I can't drive an hour and pay 100 bucks to watch a game there. Who would have a better shot there, the Lions or Carolina? I don't know, but it sounds likely the game will be there not here.

I thought Pit would have a better showing, but I agree they weren't going to go much further. Colts and Broncos will be fun to watch the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Panthers might have a chance at Seattle, they lost at home to Seattle by 4 points this year. Greenbay dominated the Panthers at Lambeau this year. I would love to see Dallas and Greenbay play in about -5 degree weather at Lambeau, 'circa 1967 in the ice bowl'. A good reason to pull for the cowboys is the NFL rescinding Suhs one game suspension for stepping on Rodgers ankle twice last week! Then again it would be nice to see Suh having to face the Packers again, to see what the Pack might have in store for Suh.

Go Cowboys. A win, and the ability to limit Murray's workload would be nice.

An incidental stomp on Suh wouldn't hurt my feelings either (J/K).

If the unlikely happens, a Lions win, then I'll be pulling for the Pack the rest of the way.

Enjoy the games today...

Last edited:
I break down the Steelers loss for you,

No running back= no running game = pass rush tees off on quarterback = loss.

They were sorely missing Le'Veon Bell who was injured last week.

Does Dallas have to attempt a win at home? That would be a surprise.

It does look like if Dallas can get their running back DeMarco Murray going he can win the game and the QB Tony Romo can take the credit. That system has been working so far this season and has been making Romo look really good and it should work one or two more times.

I'm hoping the Cowboys win and come to Lambeau. I know too many Cowboys fans that need a reality check. Packers and Seahawks will be a awesome game if it happens, Packers need to get their revenge on the Seachickens.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fudgepackers will find out how weak they are if they arrive in Seattle. There was some semi-famous QB that came here and found out on the first play.......what was his name......Elway Jr. or something like that.

When the season began Cowboys fans weren't sure the team could pull off a winning season. Now, the team and 4 or 5 players have broken records that were set by all of the star players from the early 90's three super bowl winning teams.

I don't really believe this year's team is that much better, so how did they break those records?

I will pull for anybody who is playing Dallas. I doubt very much Detroit can win today but I would still like to see it!

Cowbooyys
thumbsup2.gif

I dont follow foootball, but my manager was a die-hard Cowboys fan and had the heart and facts to take on all challengers. Particularly the Saints fans..
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
I'm hoping the Cowboys win and come to Lambeau. I know too many Cowboys fans that need a reality check. Packers and Seahawks will be a awesome game if it happens, Packers need to get their revenge on the Seachickens.

Aww c'mon. Cowboys and Packers at Lambeau? Cowboys win? It's redemption after almost 50 years. If they lose it's just history repeating.

NFC I pick Seattle to go to the Super Bowl , I don't think there's any other team to challenge them, yeah the Cowboys beat the in the reg season but Seahawks are playing at a different level now.
AFC I pick either Baltimore or New England to make it, both teams can play ball in playoffs in my opinion, I'm a fan of Peyton Manning but I his best years were in the past, he wasn't much of a playoff QB in his prime either.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
I feel sorry for you guys rooting for the Lions. They suck. Dallas will destroy them.

That's what people said 3 years ago when DET went to DAL...DET was down by 3 TDs and they came back to beat DAL...I do think DAL will win, but I'm hoping they won't...

Originally Posted By: jorton
When the season began Cowboys fans weren't sure the team could pull off a winning season. Now, the team and 4 or 5 players have broken records that were set by all of the star players from the early 90's three super bowl winning teams.

I don't really believe this year's team is that much better, so how did they break those records?

This team isn't nearly as good as the 90s team...breaking records means squat without SB wins and this Cowboys team doesn't have any...

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
NFC I pick Seattle to go to the Super Bowl , I don't think there's any other team to challenge them, yeah the Cowboys beat the in the reg season but Seahawks are playing at a different level now.
AFC I pick either Baltimore or New England to make it, both teams can play ball in playoffs in my opinion, I'm a fan of Peyton Manning but I his best years were in the past, he wasn't much of a playoff QB in his prime either.

I agree...SEA will probably repeat...GB would've done themselves a huge favor by beating BUF to get HFA throughout...I don't think they can go into SEA and win...

I wonder how the media will playout colts vs broncos next week. If colts hang on to win today. Luck vs manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back