MY 12 Grand Cherokee CRD: M1 ESP 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all

Latest results for my MY 12 Grand Cherokee CRD using M1 ESP 5W-30.

OCI was 9,750km (6,000 miles).

Includes using the vehicle for towing the boat here and there, still looking good.

15968281229_785b046b96_o.jpg

Very nice - looks like you could run significantly longer. How big is the sump on that unit? Thanks for posting.

Great report! How do you like the 3.0L diesel? It seems to be wearing just fine according to the report.

There is zero interest in M1's ESP oil on this forum. The market for them limited but the ESP oils seem to work real well for what they were formulated for. Run it longer. Do you know what the mileage is for the Universal Averages?

It's like a low-SAPS Amsoil HDD.

Happy New Year.

Thanks for the comments. To answer a couple of questions...

The sump is 8.4 litres (2.2 gallons).

The 3.0L diesel is a great engine, revs freely, very economical, loads of torque, very quiet and clean. It never smells like a diesel. It has Euro 5 emissions control and is the first vehicle that I have ever had where part of the car wash routine is to wipe out the inside of the chrome exhaust tips - no black, no soot or anything! Sounds unbelievable for a diesel, but is true.

Unfortunately I do not not know the milage for the universal averages... God question though. Would be good if that was noted on the report.

I'm impressed, M1 ESP shows less wear than any other C3/229.51 rated oil and it's the only C3/229.51 oil I'm aware of that contains molybdenum. I'd say the moly makes up for lower zinc/phos level. I'm sure the for other brands they can't make the cost argument to add moly, the brands you typically see moly in are racing oils or liquimoly etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back