Loss of Log In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not experiencing the problem (I always log out when done). The only time I've had a problem is if I'm browsing the site for a long time (i.e. catching up on two weeks of posts) and I wander away from the PC for a time. What a strange problem.

Sometimes I have to re-login to the site. Today though the site is not even loading properly. Did a full virus scan and checked other sites they are fine.

Didn't realize the 'grip' that BITOG actually has on me till today with all trouble getting in.

I was unable to log on for some time. I have been getting on as a guest. Finally I created a new account. Any chance I can get my old statistics back? I am a military veteran, and would like my original date of joining and number of posts.

Thanks

PS: The system gave me a temporary password, but when I tried to log on The system didn't recognize the temp password.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Do not use the "keep me logged in" check box and all is fine...

I've been doing this for a long time.

I've logged in 4x in the last hour.

it seems slightly worse if you use the "remember me" checkbox on login.

These were all on the same computer with latest firefox.

no additional logins from any other devices at this time etc.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I've logged in 4x in the last hour.

it seems slightly worse if you use the "remember me" checkbox on login.

These were all on the same computer with latest firefox.

no additional logins from any other devices at this time etc.

I agree that the remember me causes issues more often... But for me, only when used on PC with IE, not on mac.

Recently mac/iOS has been doing well with very seldom need to re-log in. PC is still like every time...

No problems here. If I log in I stay logged in until I log out. If I forget to log out, I am still logged in when I come back. I also don't get suddenly logged out. I don't use "remember me."

I just had this happen using IE10. I logged on, then chose a forum and when the page opened I was logged off. I repeated this 3 times, and I checked the remember me box and no change.

Opened with Firefox and it worked.

This happens to me constantly. Sometimes it will allow me to log in, other times it won't. I've had it frustrate me to the point I just give up. This is the ONLY forum I frequent that does this. All others work without a hitch. So whatever is going on, it's on this end, not mine.

I still don't understand how this happens. I have never been able to replicate this problem, no matter how many different computers I use to log in. I use two computers primarily, but others on occasion. It sure is strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back