Can Royal Purple afford it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uuummm...no. You never had an UOA done?

DOT Shipping Description: PETROLEUM LUBRICATING OIL, NOT REGULATED AS A HAZARDOUS MATERIAL FOR TRANSPORTATION UNDER 49 CFR

IMO/IMDG Shipping Description: PETROLEUM LUBRICATING OIL; NOT REGULATED AS DANGEROUS GOODS FOR TRANSPORT UNDER THE IMDG CODE

ICAO/IATA Shipping Description: PETROLEUM LUBRICATING OIL; NOT REGULATED AS DANGEROUS GOODS FOR TRANSPORT UNDER ICAO TI OR IATA DGR

Transport in bulk according to Annex II of MARPOL 73/78 and the IBC code: Not applicable

Originally Posted By: deven
Yes it is. If it has a MSDS it is considered hazardous.

Post20Office20Letter1_zpsdcf9235f.jpg

Never hurts to ask. I bought a bottle of Permates Assembly many years ago. I mix a bit of it with oil as a general lubricant.

Originally Posted By: Al
Never hurts to ask. I bought a bottle of Permates Assembly many years ago. I mix a bit of it with oil as a general lubricant.

*Permatex

I know... but some reading may not know the name Permatex.

I asked the U.S. mint to send me a sample of the new $5 bill. Their response was similar to RPs......And a $5 bill would have fit in a standard envelope, cost no more to ship than a letter.

How is this different?

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Uuummm...no. You never had an UOA done?

DOT Shipping Description: PETROLEUM LUBRICATING OIL, NOT REGULATED AS A HAZARDOUS MATERIAL FOR TRANSPORTATION UNDER 49 CFR

IMO/IMDG Shipping Description: PETROLEUM LUBRICATING OIL; NOT REGULATED AS DANGEROUS GOODS FOR TRANSPORT UNDER THE IMDG CODE

ICAO/IATA Shipping Description: PETROLEUM LUBRICATING OIL; NOT REGULATED AS DANGEROUS GOODS FOR TRANSPORT UNDER ICAO TI OR IATA DGR

Transport in bulk according to Annex II of MARPOL 73/78 and the IBC code: Not applicable

Yes it is. If it has a MSDS it is considered hazardous.

For TRANSPORT. Let me know if it is hazardous if ingested. Try it out. I dare you to

You are a stellar fanboy. Don't dare me. I'd rather eat that stuff over some of these new pills I see advertised on TV with their side effects. From RP's assembly lube MSDS :

This product contains no hazardous substances within the definition of OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1910.1200.

Royal Purple certifies that this product has been evaluated for RCRA characteristics and does not meet the criteria of
a hazardous waste if discarded in its purchased form.

Ingestion: May cause diarrhea.

Ingestion: Wash out mouth immediately. Do not induce vomiting. Consult physician.

I've seen stronger warnings on household cleaners that I've received samples of in the mail. If you're going to be a fanboy, at least be an educated fanboy.

For TRANSPORT. Let me know if it is hazardous if ingested. Try it out. I dare you to

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I already knew I could buy it online. I was just trying to get a free sample to try before buying it. I didn't think shipping a 2-ounce bottle would break the bank, but apparently it will.

I see you are in the free chit crowd. Go down to your local soup kitchen and you can eat free tonight!! Perfect place for you.

Soup-Kitchen.jpg

You are a stellar fanboy. Don't dare me. I'd rather eat that stuff over some of these new pills I see advertised on TV with their side effects. From RP's assembly lube MSDS :

This product contains no hazardous substances within the definition of OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1910.1200.

Royal Purple certifies that this product has been evaluated for RCRA characteristics and does not meet the criteria of

Ingestion: Wash out mouth immediately. Do not induce vomiting. Consult physician.

I've seen stronger warnings on household cleaners that I've received samples of in the mail. If you're going to be a fanboy, at least be an educated fanboy.

Educated fanboi

Is there any such thing.
If he were educated he'd see things through a wider lense,and not tunnel vision.
His posts prove there's no room for any more knowledge since he's not quite finished processing what he's been told already.

You don't think that can lead to a lawsuit. McDonalds or who ever got sued because someone burnt themselves spilling hot coffee because there was no warnings. My point is that sending free things in the mail that HAS an MSDS(Material SAFETY Data Sheet) can open up a can of worms that no business needs or wants.
This has nothing to do with being a fanboy. Go ahead and email Mobil, SOPUS, Ashland, Amsoil or whatever your fanboy company is and see if they send you stuff for free. I bet they'll send you a T-Shirt or hat though that probably cost them around the same as the OP's assembly lube would have.

You or I can get sued anytime, over anything, so you have no point. As already highlighted, there is an MSDS for EVERYTHING.

You are a fanboy. Fanboys keep arguing what they perceive as fact even though the facts show otherwise. The first step is to recognize that you are indeed a fanboy. Me? I'm no fanboy. I think they all suck, some more than others, like RP.

You don't think that can lead to a lawsuit. McDonalds or who ever got sued because someone burnt themselves spilling hot coffee because there was no warnings. My point is that sending free things in the mail that HAS an MSDS(Material SAFETY Data Sheet) can open up a can of worms that no business needs or wants.
This has nothing to do with being a fanboy. Go ahead and email Mobil, SOPUS, Ashland, Amsoil or whatever your fanboy company is and see if they send you stuff for free. I bet they'll send you a T-Shirt or hat though that probably cost them around the same as the OP's assembly lube would have.

Last edited:
You or I can get sued anytime, over anything, so you have no point. As already highlighted, there is an MSDS for EVERYTHING.

You are a fanboy. Fanboys keep arguing what they perceive as fact even though the facts show otherwise. The first step is to recognize that you are indeed a fanboy. Me? I'm no fanboy. I think they all suck, some more than others, like RP.

Yes I am a RP fanboy. Its very clearly documented. If this was a thread about "Can Mobil/Pennzoil/Valvoline/Amsoil afford it", I would have argued the same point. To each their own. Cheers!

Last edited:
Continue to argue the same point and you will continue to be wrong. It's a free country. If you want to cruise this board as an annoying fanboy and sounding foolish, all the power to you.

IDK about Ashland or Amsoil, but EM and SOPUS are each worth billions. They will laugh at your lawsuit. Even if they threw a couple of million at you to shut you up, they would recoup that money before the ink on the check dried.

Cheers to you too. I'm fixing up a bourbon and eggnog drink to sip on as I watch the Packers methodically take apart the Lions.

Yes I am a RP fanboy. Its very clearly documented. If this was a thread about "Can Mobil/Pennzoil/Valvoline/Amsoil afford it", I would have argued the same point. To each their own. Cheers!

Last edited:
Continue to argue the same point and you will continue to be wrong. It's a free country. If you want to cruise this board as an annoying fanboy and sounding foolish, all the power to you.

IDK about Ashland or Amsoil, but EM and SOPUS are each worth billions. They will laugh at your lawsuit. Even if they threw a couple of million at you to shut you up, they would recoup that money before the ink on the check dried.

Cheers to you too. I'm fixing up a bourbon and eggnog drink to sip on as I watch the Packers methodically take apart the Lions.

Yes we will agree to disagree. Enjoy the game. I for one is rooting for the Lions!

P.S. I don't want to argue the lawsuit point anymore but one point I wanted to make is that its not always about $$ in a lawsuit. No reputable company wants the "negative" publicity.

Last edited:
No, no, no...your words, not mine. I don't agree with anything you've said in this thread, except being a RP fanboy. You are wrong. Learn and move on.

Yes we will agree to disagree. Enjoy the game. I for one is rooting for the Lions!

Last edited:
No, no, no...your words, not mine. I don't agree with anything you've said in this thread, except being a RP fanboy. You are wrong. Learn and move on.

I dont agree with anything you have said either.

I used some M1 10w30 on a pair of crimping pliers that I lost about 6 years ago.

Would RP have cleaned them up better?

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Educated fanboi

Is there any such thing.
If he were educated he'd see things through a wider lense,and not tunnel vision.
His posts prove there's no room for any more knowledge since he's not quite finished processing what he's been told already.

I would reply to this but it would come off the wrong way. I respect you too much to do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back