2.4l kia optima recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend has a 2014 Optima and he has been using Valvoline Synpower 5w20 over the last couple changes. car only has 16k miles on it right now, and so far its been excellent.

Im impressed with how well the car runs and drives. very nice cars for the money.

Originally Posted By: killswitch83
Good to know that PYB is good in our GDI's for 5k, this further tips the scale in favor of me switching from QSUD. Thanks Errtt, nice to know
smile.gif

Agreed

So going outta town tomorrow, probably gonna go with the edge titanium so i can fly down the highway (lol), i have a fram ultra sitting in my gARAGE, i also have a Royal Purple filter, which would be better? and a buddy of mine told me for the way my driving habits are i should try 5-40/0-40, any truth to that for a non turbo?

According to your owners manual:

5w30 & 5w40 are acceptable for the 2.0 turbo

5w20, 5w30 & 10w30 are acceptable for the 2.4 GDI.

Don't over complicate things and just stick to what your owners manual says....especially while your under warranty. If any other viscosity were to be beneficial to your engine it would be listed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Oily_hair
According to your owners manual:

5w30 & 5w40 are acceptable for the 2.0 turbo

5w20, 5w30 & 10w30 are acceptable for the 2.4 GDI.

Don't over complicate things and just stick to what your owners manual says....especially while your under warranty. If any other viscosity were to be beneficial to your engine it would be listed.

Yea not under warranty, second owner lol.
And any inputs on the Filter?

^ just saw a UOA of PYB in 2011 Hyundai 2.4l

I'm sticking with OEM filter since I have a stash of them and they are a quality filter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Batmanj30
Yea not under warranty, second owner lol.
And any inputs on the Filter?

I think the factory powertrain warranty of 5 years/100,000 is fully transferrable....I could be wrong.

The second owner inherits a 60k warranty instead of the original 100k unless they have changed something since we bought ours 2 years ago.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
The second owner inherits a 60k warranty instead of the original 100k unless they have changed something since we bought ours 2 years ago.

Ok, thanks KCJeep....so the OP is not out of warranty because they are the second owner they are out of warranty because they passed the 60,000 miles.

Just a quick update. Going to get the edge and ran across the PU so I got that and used my royal purp filter instead the fram ultra or dealer and the Kia likes it!! It's back quiet again. I guess it disagreed with the pp since I've ran ultra for so long. Feels and sounds great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back