2015 Impala vs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high

That looks great in black (or is that green? Dark either way lol). Every picture I've seen of the SHO has always been red and it doesn't look good on this body style IMO.

They have both and both look good.

Although I take offense at the red comment - mine is Red Candy and I think it looks darn fine!
smile.gif
Actually, I wanted the black but the wife made me get the red.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: Kuato
I'm comparing new cars by price.

Since that's your main qualification, you could always save 7-10k and get a Subaru Legacy 3.6R.

The CVT sucks. Not my cup of tea.

OK, then just grab yourself a WRX.
19.gif

Those are for kids. Too boy racer for my liking. They're also technically a compact.

I kinda did the same cross shopping in early 2013. Wanted to be under $40k and considered the A4, 3 Series and ended up with an ATS. After I bought the ATS, ended up with a 2012 E350 that had 900 miles on it by an odd set of coincidences.

My take away is the ATS is a great car, but too small. After driving the E350 for a year and a half, I much prefer that size car and won't consider something A4, ATS or 3 series sized in the future.

I drove a new Impala, and it was every bit the car as the E350, in fact I like the Impala more and it is half the price.

Personally if I were in the market I would also be looking at the TLX or any Buick.

For my next car I will probably be cross shopping a Challenger and a Canyon...how's that for total opposites?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I kinda did the same cross shopping in early 2013. Wanted to be under $40k and considered the A4, 3 Series and ended up with an ATS. After I bought the ATS, ended up with a 2012 E350 that had 900 miles on it by an odd set of coincidences.

My take away is the ATS is a great car, but too small. After driving the E350 for a year and a half, I much prefer that size car and won't consider something A4, ATS or 3 series sized in the future.

I drove a new Impala, and it was every bit the car as the E350, in fact I like the Impala more and it is half the price.

Personally if I were in the market I would also be looking at the TLX or any Buick.

For my next car I will probably be cross shopping a Challenger and a Canyon...how's that for total opposites?

TLX Starts at 41,500 with the AWD. Too much for that car IMO. I think they're in the same boat as the euro brands in the sense that they don't leave too much money on the hood. A Regal GS AWD, or even FWD with the manual trans with the current 20% off deal GM has going on would be a nice car for the $!

Originally Posted By: Anthony
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: ram_man
How do you recommend a car for someone when they want a muscle car or maybe a cruiser or maybe a luxury car..... that being said skip the audi and bmw. Expensive and complicated a lot of shops won't work on them. They're definitely not a car to own unless you have deep pockets. Why not a Ford fusion? Or a new mustang? Given your goofy list I'd say maybe the impala. But that being said Chevy quality in my opinion is that up to par in some areas.

Actually the way to own an Audi, BMW or Mercedes is to get a warranty. Then you just take it to the dealer. When you pull up in a Mercedes, the comments you get are way different than when you pull up in a Ford or Chevy.

So how do you recommend a car? I think people just recommend what they like. With that in mind, I'd say a 2011-2013 E class, probably E350 4Matic, they are in the 30-35k range with 20-30k on them and they would still have the factory warranty which was 4 years 50k, then you just get an extended warranty and get rid of the car just before the warranty expires if you're worried about repair costs. If someone is in the market for a 30-40k car, they should have deep pockets to begin with.

The OP is probably buying the car based on what he likes the best, and not what others think.

True. Isn't that the purpose of this section? Lol

It's nice to see what others think as well.

Well yes, but I'm saying you aren't buying it based on curb appeal or what some random stranger will say to you in a parking lot etc.

Red = cop magnet.

That's what I thought too but not in my luck. Buzzed by plenty of cops in my red SHO and red truck (not preference, but it had all the features and was in awesome shape) and barely raised an eyebrow from them.

From what I've read it's more an old wives tale than anything. The cops will get you if you do something stupid no matter the color of the car.

But my next cars will not be red. I really, really like the electric blue of the Mustang...

Originally Posted By: Anthony
Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Actually the way to own an Audi, BMW or Mercedes is to get a warranty. Then you just take it to the dealer. When you pull up in a Mercedes, the comments you get are way different than when you pull up in a Ford or Chevy.

Well yes, but I'm saying you aren't buying it based on curb appeal or what some random stranger will say to you in a parking lot etc.

Actually it's what people say when I pick them up. I don't tell them in advance it's a Mercedes. But you're somewhat right, I got it for all the luxury features, but most of them you can also find them in other luxury cars, just not regular 20-30k cars. The ride and the sound level is also completely different, very quiet, very smooth.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Red = cop magnet.

That's what I thought too but not in my luck. Buzzed by plenty of cops in my red SHO and red truck (not preference, but it had all the features and was in awesome shape) and barely raised an eyebrow from them.

From what I've read it's more an old wives tale than anything. The cops will get you if you do something stupid no matter the color of the car.

But my next cars will not be red. I really, really like the electric blue of the Mustang...

The cops pretty much say the same thing, ticket the action not the color. Come to think of it, most cars you see pulled over aren't red, probably just because it's not really that common of a color but seems to look great on TV.

You must have bought a rebuilt total or a real lemon E350. The impala isn't even in the same league as the E350 and never will be, its as close to a a toilet as you can get in comparison.

Originally Posted By: Trav

You must have bought a rebuilt total or a real lemon E350. The impala isn't even in the same league as the E350 and never will be, its as close to a a toilet as you can get in comparison.

There was nothing wrong with my E350, the Impala is just that good of a car that it can compete with an E350 that costs almost twice as much. Remember, the E Class is a taxi in Germany, only in the US do we put the 3 pointed star up on some ridiculous pedestal.

There was nothing wrong with my E350, the Impala is just that good of a car that it can compete with an E350 that costs almost twice as much. Remember, the E Class is a taxi in Germany, only in the US do we put the 3 pointed star up on some ridiculous pedestal.

I think the Impala has caught up a lot to an E350, but it's still missing a few features. I'm not sure if it has the panorama sunroof and I'm not that trilled about the keyless entry. On the E350, you just pull the door handle and the doors unlock, on the impala, you have to hit the button once or twice to unlock all the doors. Also while Impala has memory seats, it's just for the driver, E350 has it standard for both driver and passenger. You're also missing the power trunk closer. While the Impala has HID, it doesn't have the active curve illumination, the front headlights turn in the direction of the steering wheel and also one of the fog lights come on. Plus no headlamp washers, gotta have headlamp washers....

E class with small diesel and taxi package interior with very limited options but not the E350
Our taxis are decent cars not $hit boxes on their last legs, you can look at it another way, how good a car does it have to be to go the Km they go around town and last as long as they do? I bet the Impala wouldn't last long.

I have owned E class and S class cars and you cant compare the Impala or any American car to them since the 50's, they are not even close.
Your entitled to your opinion.

The current CTS is a better car than the 5'er, and probably than the E350 as well.

Last edited:
I don't think so. BMW 5 series 4.4-liter, BMW TwinPower Turbo technology V-8 engine or a 3.0 liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder or get this a really nice diesel!
Real power the M5 or M6.

You cant compare a CTS, Buick or an Impala to this class of car.
The only sedan GM has to offer remotely competitive is the CTS-V but even that is lacking in interior refinement.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
The chevy SS with LS3 and 6 speed manual looks really good too.
2015-cHEVROLET-ss-4.jpg

It looks great, no question its lot of bang for the buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back