Where is Flight MH370?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne

Is a VC-25 the refueler plane?

picard_ashamed.jpg

Well, I don't deal with VC-25s everyday.

lol.gif

Last edited:
I appreciate the kind words. I've posted my background before, but simply; I'm approaching 29 years of active and reserve service in the USN, where I flew fighters. I've been with United Airlines for over 17 years, where I've flown the A-320, B757/767 and B747. I've had ten years experience working in an LE capacity...and when I am not wasting time on BITOG, I am a regular hobby shooter.

So, in addition to my obvious interest in cars, I tend to post regarding airplanes, airlines, military and LE topics.

And the VC-25 is the DOD designation for the modified 747s. Technically, it's only called Air Force One when the President is on board.

It can be refueled in flight by either the KC-135 (similar to the 707) or the KC-10 (based on the DC-10). Refueling the VC-25 requires a plane with a boom. The USAF is the only service to use the boom system. The USN and NATO use a probe and drogue system.

Last edited:
No, but clearly you have a functional Internet connection and you know how to use a browser so you could look it up yourself.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
No, but clearly you have a functional Internet connection and you know how to use a browser so you could look it up yourself.

If it is dealt with in the thread, then I don't need to.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Is a VC-25 the refueler plane?

picard_ashamed.jpg

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Not as much fun as trolling me though.......

Originally Posted By: Trajan

Not as much fun as trolling me though.......

So I'm not invited over for Christmas?
10.gif

I've read the report from a link on another site.
I have no doubt that this event was a mon dieu! merde! moment for the crew flying.
I just find it very chilling that a flight where all of the passengers along with some of the flight crew were sleeping comfortably could suddenly be run into the Atlantic just because of frozen pitot static systems.
I'm sure that you'd agree that you don't need airspeed indication to maintain level flight.
I just find it hard to fathom that this crew just kept pressing the same button expecting a different result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back