$1/qt at autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
My stash of full syn, including Euro oils, has ranged from free to $2 a quart.

This synblend is an average oil and $1 a quart is an average price dealwise.

M1 at $1 to $2 a quart is a better deal and that's what I focused on. I will probably use the synblend as a flush oil.

Originally Posted By: Artem
How much better can it get then $1 a quart for synthetic blend?

$1/qt during the Pennzoil Ultra fuel rewards? I mean, $1/qt is great in general, but Castrol is the gang that made sure we don't even know what synthetic is anymore, and Pennzoil is the one that for a brief moment was using metric buttloads of GTL basestocks that showed up so strong in the measurement of oil quality that people didn't even believe them at first. We want more of that!! Except then they changed the formula to something else. I have to admit that I've been a bit cranky, as an early adopter of Syntec 5w-50 back when it first came out, that Castrol went and ruined the ability of the average consumer to figure out what was what in the ensuing "mine is synthetic and yours isn't!!" wars. So when Castrol says "synthetic" the one thing that is sure is that maybe it is, maybe it isn't, because all you really have to do it call it that to make it so..because of them. So they have a semi-syn? What...they took normal Group II stuff and added a drop of Group III and presto! Semi-synthetic from the folks who made sure this type of marketing nonsense was completely legitimate.

Just ordered 24 quarts online, and picked up in local store. And I still have 6 quarts of PP from the O'Reilly clearance ($1.67/qt). I'm good for about 2 years.

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
Castrol no longer available

Well, yea, not like Thousands of quarts weren't bought...
wink.gif

What a score.
thumbsup2.gif

not for me. I just got 6 qts 5w20 Syntec Blend and 6 qts of Kendall 5w30 synblend for $12. Pick it up tomorrow. Tried all quantities of 6 for the 5w20 and only 6 would stick, any more and it said error. I'm happy with what I got.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: eljefino

Price tags were the "normal white" they use, not specially marked as clearance.

Beware! Makes it hard to spot the deals!

My local store had the red tags, but the store in the next town over had them white just like everything else. I almost left without getting anything only because I didnt see the red tags.

Thanks to this post from another thread about this "hidden" sale, I went back to the AZ I already visited and sure enough, hidden with all the regular overpriced oil were certain bottles marked either $1, $3 or $4. I passed on the $4 quarts and snacked up every $1 - $3 quart of Castrol Synthetic (GOLD bottle) & Pennzoil Ultra Euro formula. Unfortunately, by the time I got there, the M1 EP quarts priced @ $1 were all gone.

Had someone mentioned to look at the prices to find the $1 bottles, I would have gotten some M1 but I wasn't looking at the regular white price tags and was strictly looking for CLEARANCE Tags. Autozone sure is sneaky with this stuff.

One checkout employee rang up Pennzoil Ultra, saw that it was $1, called a manager saying "this ran up with a wrong price... way wrong" but when I said that it's marked $1 on the shelf and he went to confirm, he congratulated me on the AWESOME DEAL I was getting.
grin2.gif

My oil stash is HUGE!

I was hoping to score some Mobil 1. I didn't happen. I grabbed a bunch a while back for under $3 a qt. I wish I could remember where the [censored] I bought it. It was somewhere between VA and CA on a road trip to see my daughter.-RD

I looked today at WM for GTX blend and it is $18.53 a jug
AZ has it for 5 bucks or 1 buck a qt
This is not an average price at all

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
The GTX synblend 5w20 is Motorcraft spec'd right?

Do you mean does it meet Ford specification? If so then, yes, it meets Ford 930A and 945A:

9aCJgj.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't see the Chrysler MS6395 approval on the jug, but I very well could have overlooked it.

Bought (3) 5 quart jugs of 5w20 for dads Ford. It should be happy.

My total free delivery score was 24 qt of Kendall 10w30, 64 qt castrol 5w30. I have to pickup 16 qt Kendall 5w30 tomorrow at the store, but these pics get me pumped as to what I might find. Unfortunately I have other bills to pay lol

Originally Posted By: Alltherage
These quarts are really adding up...will be interesting to see if they exist!

I agree. Its one thing to physically buy them at the store.. Its another for thousands to be ordered online with free shipping. AZ is losing big time on this.

My main concern is that this ain't another hack, designed to get our credit card numbers, address, etc. I'm scared to use plastic practically anywhere I go. Who knows who's getting hacked next?!

If the hacker(s) got your credit card numbers and used it illegally your credit card company will cover those.

Thanks to this post from another thread about this "hidden" sale, I went back to the AZ I already visited and sure enough, hidden with all the regular overpriced oil were certain bottles marked either $1, $3 or $4. I passed on the $4 quarts and snacked up every $1 - $3 quart of Castrol Synthetic (GOLD bottle) & Pennzoil Ultra Euro formula. Unfortunately, by the time I got there, the M1 EP quarts priced @ $1 were all gone.

Had someone mentioned to look at the prices to find the $1 bottles, I would have gotten some M1 but I wasn't looking at the regular white price tags and was strictly looking for CLEARANCE Tags. Autozone sure is sneaky with this stuff.

One checkout employee rang up Pennzoil Ultra, saw that it was $1, called a manager saying "this ran up with a wrong price... way wrong" but when I said that it's marked $1 on the shelf and he went to confirm, he congratulated me on the AWESOME DEAL I was getting.
grin2.gif

My oil stash is HUGE!

Now you get why I said in the other thread that the Castrol synblend was not a deal worth stocking up on!

Originally Posted By: aa1986

grin2.gif

My oil stash is HUGE!

Now you get why I said in the other thread that the Castrol synblend was not a deal worth stocking up on!

Location Location Location !

Castrol Syn-blend for $1/qt is a good deal in So Cal. No AZ in South Orange Count has any other brand name such as M1 for $1/qt.

Originally Posted By: Alltherage
Agreed...we don't get jack by me
Same here, this is the first time I have been able to jump on a deal like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back