Why do you prefer a certain oil brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my garage I have:pennzoil ultra,Nextgen,Pro line,Peak, Gtx,Smittys
So you can see my favorite oil is what I get on clearance

It varies but I mainly buy Shell products now and also valvoline/ashland.

Used to be a big big fan of Tropartic and Havoline years ago when it was very cheap and good.

since Tropartic has vanished from the area and Havoline became DepositShield and more expensive I don't buy it often other then when its on sale or rebates and I've only been running it in my Dad's V10.

What i have in my arsenal now is Pennzoil Ultra, QSUD, some Formula Shell and some Maxlife/Durablend and some Rotella, and maybe some Off-brands like Resolute or Mystik.

My favorite oil is "Free" oil, all the oils I have in my stash were free after rebate or nearly free.

Currently in my stash,
Goil
PYB
Pennzoil Gold
Valvoline Syn
Nextgen
QSUD
Pennzoil Platinum
Castrol GTX

And 48 qts of Castrol Synblend that I just ordered from Autozone for $1.00 per quart, so it's not actually in my stash yet.

My favorite oil is probably Pennzoil products and for no real reason other then that's what I prefer. I remember as a kid my dad only used Havoline in everything we had from cars to boats to lawnmowers and I never witnessed any engine issues in our engines. So I would have no problem using Havoline but the products are not as readily available as Pennzoil.

Well, since the last time I used Pennzoil and jumped through all their hoops for the rebate, and since they refused to send me my rebate, I will NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EVER BUY ANY PENNZOIL PRODUCT. Also, no Valvoline, a while back I talked with a large rebuilder of engines north of Detroit and asked him if he had noticed any particular oil that seemed to result in a blown up or worn out engine. He said "Funny you should mention, but the great majority of the bad engines that come through here have used Valvoline." I do like Mobil 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back