good filter for rinse phase of auto rx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a really good fitler for rinse phase of auto rx, which i am about to go to...a fitler that would fitler out small micron stuff, like purolator pureone, mobile? fram extend guard, toguh guard? purolator premium plus, or advanced auto's house brand? K&N? those are the fitlers in my stach so far...
what's everyone think?

I used PureOne's in all 3 cars during the rinse cycle, but I changed them out twice during the 2000 miles. I figured that with the low micron filtration rating on the PureOne, it was cheap insurance to insure that the flow was there, and that I got as many of the nasties out as possible. Seems like it worked pretty well, because I can read the writing on the bolts under the valve cover again on my Jeep which was heavily sludged...

Pureone's and Mobil 1's are supposed filter very fine particles. Mobil 1 supposedly down to around 10 microns, and i forget what the pureone does.

Thanks guys;) I read once, the Pureone, in its website, is rated at 7 to 10 microns! amazing! hugh? So be it! I will use the Pureone's:)
How about a filter for cleaning stage?

I am in waaaay over my head here...

I just bought a new Toyota Tacoma 4 cylinder,
and found BITOG in a search of the best oil, filter, frequency issues - (I want it to be a good fresh runner when I give it to my son in five years) - but you guys are talking "rinse" and "wash" cycles.
What is the learning curve on this stuff?

Any simple answers on simple stuff to be found?

Thank you, Laminar Lou...you're very kind.

I'm feeling my way around these topics like a blind man...I'll get there, though.

quote:

Originally posted by TrueBlue:
Thank you, Laminar Lou...you're very kind.

I'm feeling my way around these topics like a blind man...I'll get there, though.

Hey, that's what this forum is all about. I have gained a tremendous amount of information from this forum. There are some really smart people around here (and some who think they are smart
wink.gif
).

Spend some time lurking around and you will get quite an education. It's a pretty friendly board, unless you start talking in absolutes - then prepare to be railroaded
grin.gif

I would lean towards a Wix in a particularly dirty ARX application. The flowrate is just as important a consideration as efficiency.

Just my 2c.

I'd use it first thing on a car. Frank has a post or thread somewhere about just this. Manufacturing process leaves junk behind.

The answer to the question: the filter that has the lowest restriction, IMO. ARX keeps that junk in suspension.

I prefer the high end filters such as BALDWIN HPG (High Performance Glass), the FLEETGUARD "Stratapore" and DONALDSON "Endurance" series mediums. (Do a search).

Cheap filters are a false economy. As are cheap oils, etc.

quote:

Originally posted by TrueBlue:
I am in waaaay over my head here...

I just bought a new Toyota Tacoma 4 cylinder,
and found BITOG in a search of the best oil, filter, frequency issues - (I want it to be a good fresh runner when I give it to my son in five years) - but you guys are talking "rinse" and "wash" cycles.
What is the learning curve on this stuff?

Any simple answers on simple stuff to be found?

I think you just solved your own problem; "I just bought a new Toyota..."

I don't believe you need to put AutoRX in a brand new engine, but you can if you want. If you are going to do so, you would just put a maintenance does of 3ozs with your regular fill oil. After that, pretend like it isn't there. Meaning, you don't have to do a rinse with conventional oil - just treat your oil like you normally would and drain it at your regular interval.

Check out the additives section and do a search on AutoRX. That should help you out. And check out the AutoRX website : AutoRX application instructions

There are other additives out there that are well respected (look up LC20) also.

And
welcome.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back