2014 Mazda 3 Skyactiv 2.0L - Mobil 1 0w30 - 3,079

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I should state I was not ragging on mods. And, sometimes, they DO reduce fuel economy. But, I was only suggesting that as a possibility, not trying to be critical of you for installing them.

The article I remember most clearly said to think of the engine as an air pump. Compressors and other types of air moving devices have specific CFM ratings. Using bigger hoses before and after the pump will not necessarily result in more throughput.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Negative. Gas mileage still sucks with my 2.0L and manual tranny. 40mpg seems to only be attainable while doing 60-65mph on flat roads with cruise control on. In REAL WORLD driving (75mph on the highway) I'm only getting 33-36mpg at best during all highway trips where I burn through the entire tank.

After 10,000 miles of use, I can't say that I'm impressed with the efficiency of the Skyactiv 2.0L and 6spd manual tranny. I don't know what others are doing to get such good gas mileage during real world 70+ mph driving on the highway. The MPG display doesn't get close to 40s.

How many rpm does the manual run at 70 mph?

I wonder if they gear them differently so the manual doesn't get as good highway mileage.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111

How many rpm does the manual run at 70 mph?

I wonder if they gear them differently so the manual doesn't get as good highway mileage.

I think it is 2600 for mine, but I don't have any problems breaking 40 MPGs. I can break 40 all the way up to 75 MPH assuming no significant head wind. 75-80 MPH usually gets me around 39.

I would say stick with the factory recommend viscosity of 0W20. Why not go with Mobil 1 0W20 instead?

Right now the Mazda 3 has Mazda's 0w20 with Moly in there for the winter months.

Artem, I picked up a 3 with the 2.0 6spd MT.Broke it in aggressively. What grade of gas do you recommend? I was going to use Shell 89.

Our dealers use Castrol OE. I am going to use M1 EP 0w20 most likely.

Originally Posted By: buster
Artem, I picked up a 3 with the 2.0 6spd MT.Broke it in aggressively. What grade of gas do you recommend? I was going to use Shell 89.

I'm not artem but i'm the only one on here running premium in a skyactiv and I'm the only not having fuel show up in the oil.

91+ is what I'd say.

Originally Posted By: buster

I also recommend Premium gas. I also don't have any gas dilution problems and I'm positive that the premium gas is the reason why.

Congrats on the new ride!

Ok i'll start running Shell 89.

Unbelievably smooth shifting manual.

Why do you expect it to use oil? Mine doesn't use a drop during the entire OCI. I keep checking, hoping to add something to refresh the oil but, Nope!

I'd be concerned about the engine more so than the oil or perhaps a loose oil filter, if it were to show oil consumption of any kind this new. Are those engines prone to oil consumption prematurely or something?

I suppose something might be said if you took it on a long high-way trip vs short trips or in town driving?
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back