Lubegard Engine Oil Protectant improves oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I need to know is that LG Red was once specifically named in a Ford TSB for converter shudder.

Spec'd by an OEM! Not too many other additive companies can back up their products with real factory support!

Gosh, if we just listened to Tig we'd all think Mobil walks on water...

There was a time when Lubegard transmission supplements were endorsed by at least three different auto manufacturers. So Lubegard certainly seems different than some other oil supplement makers.

I just picked up 2 15 ounce bottles for $10.95 each from Summit Racing (would have been free shipping if the whole order was over $99.00).

I am hoping that the high boron and calcium content in this will help boost a fuel diluted, higher miles, TBN depleted, late winter OCI.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
I just picked up 2 15 ounce bottles for $10.95 each from Summit Racing (would have been free shipping if the whole order was over $99.00).

I am hoping that the high boron and calcium content in this will help boost a fuel diluted, higher miles, TBN depleted, late winter OCI.
wink.gif

Liqui-moly motor oil saver is actually made for just such an application.
Though I'm now very interested in lube-gard.
Has anyone got a Canadian supplier.

Really, Amazon seems to have the best pricing unless in store sales happen. This is mainly true if you have orders over their $35 free shipping minimum. Just don't expect it before January at this rate with the insane holiday buying.
grin2.gif

For example, you can get 32 oz bottle of the product in question for less than $20 on Amazon. That is the best price per ounce you will, AFAIK. Considering you pay $11+ for 15 ounce bottle and $8+ for 10 ounce.

I'm probably just going to get that one from now on and replace as necessary; only adding to the ratio they recommend.

I forget what direct linking rules were on the boards just search Lubegard 40902 on Amazon's website. That is the p/n for the 32oz.

30901 is the 15oz
30902 is the 10oz

IF you want a good buy otherwise their 98901 on Amazon has basically the 15oz Biotech EP for $10 or so and their own Engine Flush (idle cleaning type you add prior to draining after OCI) and it claims to have no solvents so you may like that package.

95030 is their flush on it's own. Also, they have an updated fuel system cleaner (77012) with PEA I want to try next time since I've tried RP's newer product and had already used Techron/Red Line SI-1 before.

I considered using their flush myself, but after using Lubro Moly and Amsoil engine flush products already; and inspecting the clean valve-train I don't have a need for an idle flush for peace of mind unless I were to want that after 1 year OCIs.

That ofc I am hoping to get to after soon confirming no more coolant in the oil!
19.gif
banana2.gif

EDIT: I got all the p/ns off amazon I have them on my wishlist. Not sure if better pricing in store on some of the items like at O'Reilly or Napa, etc. but can't really beat Amazon.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Clevy

wink.gif

True, but the Bio Tech stuff does this without increasing the viscosity of my winter OCI one iota.
wink.gif

The ONLY reason I do not go with the amazon quarts of this product is because EVERY SINGLE TIME I've ordered it from them, it arrived in a large box with NO packing material what so ever, the cap was loose, and the bottle was leaking (yes, even with the foil seal mostly intact) all over the place.
frown.gif

The ONLY reason I do not go with the amazon quarts of this product is because EVERY SINGLE TIME I've ordered it from them, it arrived in a large box with NO packing material what so ever, the cap was loose, and the bottle was leaking (yes, even with the foil seal mostly intact) all over the place.
frown.gif

I've been lucky ordering quarts from them. However I did notice the bottles weep very slightly from the ribbing [for lack of a better term] on the bottles after they sit in my stash for a while. It isn't enough of a problem to make an issue out of it though.

The 15 ouncers I receive from Summit Racing have ALWAYS been packed VERY well, and have ALWAYS had the caps on TIGHT, and have NEVER, EVER been leaking at all (not even a slightly oily bottle)!!

IF I could actually SPEAK to someone at amazon shipping (one CANNOT
frown.gif
), and tell them to tighten the caps, and pack the quarts in a smaller box with some sort of padding (and actually have them listen/do this), then I would GLADLY buy the quarts from them once more.
wink.gif

good point dd,

i fill out the surveys from amazon, every time i buy from them and they continue to send what i feel are less than well packed goods.

oh well, perhaps someday they will listen.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

wink.gif

True, but the Bio Tech stuff does this without increasing the viscosity of my winter OCI one iota.
wink.gif

Come on. Unless the engine has a 2 quart sump I doubt viscosity is affected in any meaningful way.
Though I can't disagree with your logic,I don't agree that in a typical 5 quart sump that viscosity is affected in any real tangible way.

Where's the beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back